Guide your favorite Major League Baseball franchise to glory! MLB Manager 2018, officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA, is based on the award-winning Out of the Park Baseball series.
"With a great menu system driving the entire game, excellent AI, and the ability to micro-manage almost everything you could dream of in a sports game, it's hard to want anything else of a mobile baseball management sim." (Touch Arcade)
MLB Manager 2018 features a living world that uses the same realistic simulation engine found in Out of the Park Baseball, the best-selling and best-rated baseball management game of all time. Each MLB team in the game features its actual 40-man projected 2018 Opening Day roster. The player ratings are based on the ZiPS player projection system created by famous baseball analyst Dan Szymborski.
New features in MLB Manager 2018 include:
- Projected 2018 Opening Day MLB rosters, including top prospects
- Projected 2018 Korean league rosters, including top prospects
- 800 fictional team logos for fictional leagues
- AI improvements
The game offers four gameplay modes:
- Major League Baseball Game: Choose your favorite MLB team and play out the 2018 season and beyond. There is no limit, guide your team into the future!
- Fictional Game: MLB Manager creates one of four fictional baseball worlds and populates it with fresh players and clubs. Select a team and build a dynasty from scratch.
- Historical MLB Game: Choose one of three past MLB seasons --1902, 1965 or 2014 -- and see if it produces a different outcome. Additional historical seasons are available as in-app purchase for $0.99 each, $4.99 for a 10-season bundle, or $19.99 for all available seasons (117 in total!). International currency conversion rates may apply.
- Korean League: Take over your favorite team from the Korean league and build a winner.
After selecting a gameplay mode, choose a team and handle every aspect of managing it:
- Manage your team, set lineups, depth charts, pitching staff and more!
- Call the shots from the dugout and watch the games unfold.
- Step into the shoes of the General Manager: Negotiate contracts, sign free agents, put together trades, draft the next superstar, promote players from the minors etc.
During games, the play-by-play text is generated from a huge database of tens of thousands of lines that bring the action alive. Bottom of the ninth, two outs, bases loaded, you're down by two runs and you have your best hitter stepping to the plate against your opponent's rock-solid closer ... What will happen next?
During the season, news tickers bring you headlines from around the leagues! Your biggest rival just pulled off a blockbuster trade with the trading deadline looming ... How will you respond?
As MLB Manager's living world evolves, players develop their careers, age, and eventually retire, with a possible spot in the OOTP Hall of Fame waiting for them. New players drafted by you and groomed in the minors take their place and become the next generation of superstars.
MLB Manager 2018 is the ultimate game for baseball fans!
Visit us on www.ootpdevelopments.com!
Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All rights reserved.
OFFICIALLY LICENSED PRODUCT OF MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL PLAYERS ASSOCIATION - MLBPA trademarks and copyrighted works, including the MLBPA logo, and other intellectual property rights are owned and/or held by MLBPA and may not be used without MLBPA?s written consent. Visit www.MLBPLAYERS.com, the Players Choice on the web.
- updated MLB roster set
- fixed career pitching stats
- tweaked scrolling on longer news (e.g. Allstar News)
Ratings and Reviews
Overall, I still like it, but ...
This is a good casual game for baseball fans and is fun to play. However, a few things need to be fixed. As other reviewers have noted, last year’s glitch in the All-Star roster announcement still has not been resolved; you still can’t see all of the players who have made the NL and AL squads. In a related development, in this year’s game you do not get to see the All-Star boxscore. Now, the issue that is most troublesome, and perhaps an update can do something — I hope. The game this year is skewed way too far to offense. In the season replays I have done so far, almost ALL of the pitchers are mediocre at best. We are talking about pitchers like Corey Kluber and Chris Sale. Entire starting staffs have ERA’s over 4.00. Bullpen stoppers are non-existent. This issue needs to be addressed by the developers.
This game had huge potential. I’ve been playing MLB Manager ever since I believe it was 2011, when it was still called iOOTP (with no license from MLB). Since that older version, the only significant upgrade over the past few years that I actually remember is a player editor, besides a few cosmetic tweaks here and there.
However - over the past 3 versions of the game (including this year’s version), there has been no changes to the actual game itself - only different fonts, colors and backgrounds. It is essentially buying a full priced game for just a roster update.
I’ve been a huge fan of these games, but it just seems like the developers are not focusing on this game AT ALL. NO CHANGES for THREE straight years should not be allowed to be bought. If anything - there should be a base MLB Manager game, with roster updates available (maybe a $1 or $2 update each year to get the new season’s rosters, just like buying a historical season).
But people like me are going to buy this game regardless. I don’t know if it is out of loyalty or just because I am that gullible to buy a fully priced game for the same product as last year’s game. Probably the latter.
Please, do not make the same mistake as I did and purchase this game. The developers need to know that it’s unacceptable to keep pushing out fully priced games.
Same. Game. Every. Year.
I have no problem purchased every version of this game since it first came out. It’s a fantastic concept and very similar to OOTP. Clearly the developers haven’t spent a lot of time and effort in taking a good app and making it a GREAT app. Year after year we have asked for small upgrades and each year it’s essentially the same exact game aside from just a few graphic changes and obvious roster changes. I suggest making substantial changes to the game (40 man roster, option players, international free agent signings, etc) or lower the price. Again, it’s a fantastic concept with so much potential but clearly the feedback given isn’t being taken into consideration when developing new versions of the game.
- Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co KG
- 185.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Out of the Park Baseball GmbH & Co KG
- In-App Purchases
- Bundle XI: All Seasons $19.99
- 2004 MLB Manager 2018 Baseball $0.99
- 1998 MLB Manager 2018 Baseball $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.