MLB.com At Bat
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MLB.com At Bat – the #1 source for live baseball – Is the official app of Major League Baseball.
**** NEW FOR AT BAT IN 2016 ****
- Watch 60fps video for unmatched high quality streaming of select live MLB.TV broadcasts and highlight clips (iPhone 5, 5S, 6, 6+, 6S and 6S+ premium subscription required)
- Get notifications for Cut4’s offbeat short-form content
- App design improvement, including News section (landscape) and Gameday pitch tracking
**** ADDITIONAL NEW FEATURES LAUNCHED IN 2016 ****
- Introducing Portrait and Landscape orientations (iPad only)
- Multitasking split view to keep At Bat open (select iPads only)
- Picture-in-Picture streaming for live video and highlights (select iPads only)
- App redesign includes Videos, Sortable Stats and more
****AT BAT SUBSCRIBPTIONS****
At Bat offers two subscription options for its extensive premium features, covering live MLB games from Opening Day to the World Series.
- Yearly recurring fee of $19.99.
- Monthly recurring fee of $2.99.
- MLB.TV Premium subscribers receive At Bat premium features for free.
****At Bat Features****
- Watch the MLB.TV Game of the Day or access your MLB.TV Premium subscription to watch every out-of-market game (Subscription required)
- See key plays and pivotal moments from every game with Live Look-Ins (No blackout restrictions)
- Access to every decisive replay review video clip and explanation via Gameday (At Bat Premium subscription required)
- Listen to Home, Away and Spanish-language (where available) radio broadcasts (At Bat Premium subscription required)
- Watch 60fps video for unmatched high quality streaming of select live MLB.TV broadcasts and highlight clips (iPhone 6+, select iPads only; At Bat Premium subscription required)
- Multi-platform live audio access for At Bat Premium subscribers (portable to Mac/PC with a valid MLB.com account)
- Universal support for At Bat Premium subscribers, accessible on iPhone, iPad and other supported smartphones and tablets
- Enhanced, Gameday pitch-by-pitch features, including realistic ballpark renderings from all 30 MLB parks (At Bat Premium subscription required)
- Watch Condensed Games (At Bat Premium subscription required)
- Breaking news, schedules, interactive rosters and player stats for every team
- Sortable batting, pitching and fielding statistics
- Customize At Bat's home screen to feature your designated favorite team (iPhone only)
- Video library archive, searchable by player, team or keyword (iPhone only)
- Classic games video archive featuring dozens of baseball’s legendary games (At Bat Premium subscription required)
- Search function for all active and historical MLB player cards (iPhone only)
- Closed captioning for live video
- Watch MLB Network programming (pay TV authentication required)
- Application available in Spanish language, requires device language set to Spanish (iPhone & iPad)
Access At Bat Premium for $2.99 per month or $19.99 annually. You will be automatically billed $2.99 through iTunes every 30 days or $19.99 every 365 days until you cancel your subscription. Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You subscription can be managed and the auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the iTunes Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
© 2016 MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights used herein are the property of the applicable MLB entity. All rights reserved.
What's New in Version 9.4.0
• General Improvements
Junk. Won't remember settings, audio crashes iPhone, won't show standings. This app gets worse every year. Complete ripoff.
UPDATE: Listening to games is a truly exasperating experience. Who wrote this junk? The feed drops out every few minutes, the app has to be restarted constantly to get it back. Seriously, this thing is horrible.
UPDATE: So, if I buy the subscription on the website I can’t use it on the iPhone, but if I buy it on the iPhone, I can use the website? Or can’t? Who knows? As usual, MLB is craving more money, and won’t explain the details. MLB is the worst.
How can they keep making this app worse with every version? Lousy inconsistent audio, constant crashes, slow interface…
But I'm shouting in the wind here. MLB has made it clear throughout the years they don't listen to fans or customers.
This app continues to be a shameful piece of junk.
MLB should be ashamed of themselves after years of producing such a low quality product. But they're not. They don't care about their customers, the fans.
Update: Seriously, it keeps asking my to renew my (paid-up) membership, right in the middle of games?
MLB - You are ruining the game of baseball. Shame on you.
Update: App keeps cutting off audio of end of game before game is over. The game is delayed on it's audio, but MLB cuts off coverage before the audio catches up. Want to here how the game ended? Too bad for you, it's over, click! MLB, you stink.
Will not purchase again next year
This app is far from what I expected. As a paying customer and a true fan of baseball you want to watch a game from start to finish in real time, because that's what you are paying for! Not so much the case. The biggest problem is the time lag and constant freezing. I haven't been able to watch a single game all season that hasn't froze, lagged, or rewinds ten seconds and replays. Second issue I have is the constant repetitive commercial breaks sometimes the same one three times in a row. Third complaint would be the blackout restrictions, it's absurd to me that you pay the amount of money you do and can't watch a night weekend game if it's airing on ESPN. I've tested my internet speed, changed routers, and modems and only have image quality issues with this application. If you are thinking about this application do not subscribe for the entire season just try a month, then see if your cable provider has game packages.
Black out restrictions and notifications
The app technology itself has generally worked ok. The 2 huge problems I have with it are-
1- How can I be a Red Sox fan traveling for work in Charlotte, NC and be blacked out because they are playing the Orioles? How are the Orioles considered the home team of an area that doesn't even have them on their cable channels? But yes- the blackouts are a HUGE problem. How about when you sign up, you declare your home area and anytime you travel out of that area, you can get the game, even if they are playing the team in the area you travel to?
2- since I am blacked out in my own area (due to cable company deals I assume), I have to listen through the app on the radio. So fine, but when my phone notification from the app tells me about a home run before it happens on the audio, it really ruins it. Please have a fix that disables the notifications when you are listening to or watching the game.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Aug 18, 2016
- Version: 9.4.0
- Size: 127 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Major League Baseball Advanced Media
- © 2016 MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- At Bat Premium$2.99
- MLB.TV Premium Monthly$24.99
- At Bat Premium Annual$19.99
- At Bat$3.99
- At Bat$3.99
- MLB.TV Premium Monthly$24.99
- Apple TV Monthly$24.99
- 2015 MLB.TV Premium Yearly$24.99
- 2016 MLB.TV Premium Season$3.99
- 2014 MLB.TV Offseason Package$24.99