The Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR) Series is prepared by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Often called “the voice of CDC,” the MMWR Series is the agency’s primary vehicle for scientific publication of timely, reliable, authoritative, accurate, objective, and useful public health information and recommendations.
This application is a result of collaboration between the Informatics Innovation Unit and MMWR within the Division of Public Health Information Dissemination, Center for Surveillance, Epidemiology, and Laboratory Sciences.
- Allows user to search for summaries by either specific MMWR report or by specific subject (e.g., salmonella).
- Rapidly loads new unread articles when user swipes down on the main list of articles.
- Automatically marks each unread article with a blue dot, which disappears once the summary blue box has been viewed.
- Enables the sharing of articles via email, text message, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Provides easy access to full articles on the main MWWR site, if the user wants more information.
- Updates for iOS 11 and iPhone X
- Use date and time of last Pull to Refresh to only get new content
Ratings and Reviews
Nice summaries of MMWR articles with easy link to the full article. Much easier for a busy practitioner to read, without having to wade through stilted, jargon heavy articles that may not be useful or pertinent.
Could use better search terms/options. For example, why is Syphillis present but not STD or gonorrhea?
Also it'd be great to have some way of being notified when a topic of interest is published either via a filter or notifications.
Good work, but still needs tweaking.
I like the focus on the quick summary of the articles and that there is a link to the full article. I was hoping to get the full article formatted to fit my small screen, but no such luck. I suppose it is too hard to deal with the tables. I also wonder why not all articles are included.
Finally on iPhone, but....
Why aren't all of the week's articles available for viewing? Doesn't make much sense...
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- 8.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.