MNML: Writing, Blogging, and Notes for Medium.com
By yo gg llc
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
A writing app for discerning Medium.com publishers, the first of its kind on the Mac App Store.
***FEATURED WORLDWIDE as Best New App!!***
Based upon the award-winning Desk App (“Best Apps of the Year” for 2014, 2015), MNML gives you all the tools you need to start writing and publishing your next great story on Medium.com.
Fast and frictionless as a native macOS desktop client you are now no longer constrained by the speed or availability of an internet connection.
## Compose with Comfort ##
• Provides the same features you know and love from Medium.com*
• Enhance your writing with drag-and-drop photos, add video, or even code snippets
• Customize your view with Day and Night mode
• Font Face (Typed Pro, Menlo, Avenir Next, Helvetica Neue, San Francisco, Courier, and Georgia) to suit your style
• Text size and dynamic spacing so that you can write with ease
• Full Screen, Transparency, Floating Window, and even Typewriter mode for even more focused writing
## Manage and Publish ##
• Add multiple Medium blogs and accounts
• Group your stories for better topic management
• Add tags for sorting and star specific posts for future publishing
• Search your library of posts for certain stories by date or name
• Want to mark something important but for your eyes only? Private notes are supported!
• Mark the post as Public, Draft, or Unlisted
• Choose the right Canonical URL and even the Copyright License
## Sync and Backup ##
• Save your work locally with powerful “offline" mode
• iCloud integration for maximum portability
• Automatic backups (Autosave) while you write (iCloud and Offline)
## Support and Community ##
As an indie developer, I couldn't do any of this without you and your continued support - it means a ton to me, so, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! If you have any feedback and/or questions or even feature requests, you can always ping me on the following:
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• FAQ: http://mnml.af/faq/
* There are a few limitations currently with the Medium.com API that limit features. For instance, drop-caps are not available in the current Medium.com API. Learn more on the MNML FAQ.
Sadly, Not Ready for Primetime
Honestly, I'm not sure it's *quite* ready for launch. I hate to say it, because I was super excited. Some comments:
First, things I like:
- Float window is a neat feature
- I like controlling the font, size and line height
- Having groups is a super handy thing
- Day/night modes are cool
- I like clicking on an image and having an icon to add a link (instead of Medium's cmd+k nonsense)
- Love easy access to character and word count, as well as reading time
- It's crashed multiple times as I used it
- The interface isn't super intuitive/clear when it comes to tags (when I create one and click on it, it looks "activated" but that doesn't get added to the tags section under Publish)
- It's not clear which group a story is in based on the sidebar behavior, since when I click on the group that it's in, the post shows up below all the groups instead of right under the name of the group it's in. Heck, if I closed the Groups dropdown, the post stays visible. Confusing.
- Everything feels too small: the icons, the app's text (post title, blog that's connected, Publish button, add image/embed/separator icons, etc).
- The Show Starred icon at the bottom right isn't clear as to what it does unless I hover. Icon is just so small.
- When I type text, select it and make it a heading, clicking enter makes the next line of text STILL formatted as a heading. It's not how Medium works, or how anyone would expect that to work, I don't think.
- I don't see a way to add a post to a publication, which is where all my posts go.
- I'm trying to resize the right sidebar but it bounces back to its original width
- Is there no way to just open the app without having to open a post or create one? Like just open it and then navigate to posts from the sidebar?
Hope you don't take this as an attack. I know you worked SUPER hard on this. Just wanted to provide feedback, in the hopes that you could take it into consideration for future iterations :)
- Category: Productivity
- Released: May 04, 2017
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 14.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: yo gg llc
- © John Saddington
Compatibility: macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor