Mobile Link, the affordable remote monitoring system, gives customers peace of mind by letting them check the status of their automatic home standby generator anywhere, and at any time. The app is now easier than ever to use, providing generator data, optimized for your device.
When configured with your generator, you can:
• View current status and upcoming maintenance needs.
• Remotely set the generator’s exercise schedule.
• Review the generator’s run and maintenance history.
• Receive push notifications that indicate changes in status.
Mobile Link service and the Mobile Link app work with select automatic home standby generators from Generac, Centurion, Honeywell, Eaton, and Siemens.
We are always making improvements, fixing bugs, and adding features throughout the Mobile Link experience.
Ratings and Reviews
Please provide Touch ID
It is very painful to have to enter a password every time this app opens. Please add Touch ID. Thank you.
Update to my review 8 months later: From a recent update to the app, it no longer logs you out when the app closes. So, when you open the app again, it resumes where you were ... logged in. This means you don’t have to type in a password every time. This may sound good, but it is not secure. This means that anyone who has your unlocked phone can get into the MobileLink app. What we need is Touch ID! The current solution is just a work-around.
The little functionality provided in this app is not worth $100 per year.
Needs tech updates, doesn’t work for me anymore!
Just had generator people here today to do a firmware update on my generator control panel. Was informed in 1-2 years my mobile link won’t work at all anymore because it runs at 1G and that won’t be supported anymore. It’s just as well because this app stopped working for me about 6 months ago. It hasn’t had any iOS updates and doesn’t connect to my machine continuously anymore. I will have to do all updates manually at the generator itself.
Very disappointed, in this day and age I should not be having these issues with a generator mobile link.
Great Generators, Horrible App
It’s hard to believe Generac would be associated with an app this bad.
1. It has only a fraction of the functionality you’d find on the actual control panel on the generator.
2. It crashes frequently.
3. It isn’t formatted for the iPhone X.
4. Notifications regarding status changes (such as the start and conclusion of weekly exercises) can take up to 45 minutes to arrive and are out of order (you get notified of the conclusion before get notified of the exercise start).
I got in touch with Generac regarding the fourth issue. They told me the delay was due to poor cell service in my area affecting the generator’s ability to communicate. Really? There’s a cell tower right near my house. I have extremely good 4G LTE service. Nice try, Generac, but given the other poor reviews here, you’re the one with the problem. Your app is terrible.
Now stop making excuses and get to work and fix it.
- Generac Power Systems, Inc.
- 26.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Generac Power Systems, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.