Mobile POD - Guitar Amps and Effects
By Line 6
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Featuring 65 classic amps and effects, Line 6 Mobile POD® 2.0 gives you everything you need for next-generation mobile guitar processing. Create your own custom guitar tones—or choose from amazing presets designed by Line 6. It’s the ultimate creative tool for guitarists on the go.
• Choose from 32 amps, 16 cabs, and 16 effects
• Create, edit, and save your favorite custom guitar tones
• Stream music and play along with your favorite songs
• Quickly craft custom tones with drag-and-drop editing
• Record with all major iOS-compatible audio interfaces and apps
TONE EDITING MADE EASY
With a sleek and modern user interface, Mobile POD 2.0 makes it easy to dial in the perfect guitar tone. Stack one amp and cab and up to eight effects in any order with easy-to-use drag-and-drop editing. Then save and recall your favorite tones with ease using advanced patch management capabilities.
BUILT FOR JAMMING
Featuring an integrated music playback engine with music streaming capabilities, Mobile POD 2.0 enables you to play along with your favorite songs using your custom tones. Plus, you can use the built-in song looper to polish your solos or build new song ideas.
ROCK WITH THE WORLD’S BEST AMPS
Mobile POD 2.0 puts the world’s best amplifiers and cabs in the palm of your hand. Mix and match amps and cabs to create your own unique sound, save your custom presets and then dial them up in an instant.
CLASSIC AND MODERN EFFECTS
From classic reverb to powerful overdrive to surf-style tremolo, Mobile POD 2.0 will inspire your playing with 16 awesome effects. You can even combine effects and create your own custom sounds.
MOBILE RECORDING FOR GUITARISTS
Mobile POD 2.0 is compatible with all major iOS interfaces—including Line 6 Sonic Port™ and Sonic Port VX. Mobile POD supports the Apple Inter-App Audio feature and is AudioBus ready, so you can record with GarageBand® or the DAW app of your choice.
32 GUITAR AMPS BASED ON*
• 1964 Fender® Deluxe Reverb®
• 1959 Fender® Bassman®
• 1960 Tweed Fender® Champ®
• 1965 Blackface Fender® Twin Reverb®
• 1968 Marshall® Plexi (100 watt)
• Marshall® JTM-45 meets Budda® Twinmaster
• Budda® Twinmaster head
• 1960 Vox® AC15
• 1985 Mesa/Boogie® Mark IIc+
• 1995 Mesa/Boogie® Dual Rectifier® Head
• Dumble® Overdrive Special (Drive Channel)
• 1989 Soldano® SLO Super Lead Overdrive
• 1987 Roland® JC-120 Jazz Chorus
16 SPEAKER CABINETS BASED ON*
• 1960 Fender® Tweed Champ®
• 1964 Fender® Deluxe Reverb®
• 1965 Fender® Blackface Twin Reverb®
• 1959 Fender® Bassman®
• 1960 Vox® AC15
• 1995 Matchless Chieftain
• 1996 Marshall® (Celestion® Vintage 30s)
16 STOMPBOX AND RACK EFFECTS:
• Room Reverb
• Spring Reverb
• 4-Band EQ
* All product names used in this description are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Line 6. These trademarks of other manufacturers are used solely to identify the products of those manufacturers whose tones and sounds were studied during Line 6’s sound model development. Fender, Deluxe Reverb, Bassman, Champ, Twin Reverb are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation. Marshall is a registered trademark of Marshall Amplification Plc. Celestion is a registered trademark of KH Technology Corporation. Budda is a registered trademark of Laughing Buddha LLC. Vox is a registered trademark of Vox R&D Limited. Mesa/Boogie and Rectifier are registered trademarks of Mesa/Boogie Ltd. Dumble is a registered trademark of Dumble, Howard Alexander. Soldano is a registered trademark of Gremlin Inc. d/b/a Soldano Custom Amplification. Roland is a registered trademark of Roland Corporation.
Line 6, POD and Sonic Port are trademarks of Line 6, Inc. All rights reserved.
Apple, GarageBand and iCloud are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
• Double tapping a signal flow item now toggles its bypass state
• Fix effects reordering bug
• Fix issue in which some legacy tones could load with inaccurate post effect settings
• Other improvements and bug fixes
Thank you for using Mobile POD - Guitar Amps and Effects.
Best amp sim on iOS
These amps sound better than amplitube or Jamup and there are plenty of amps to choose. The effects are limited however. The effects are enough to make the app useful but I can't get every sound I want. I should mention that the effects in amplitube and jamup aren't much better. Those two apps have three times more effects to choose from but the sound quality isn't as good. The line 6 effects are a minimal set of reverb chorus eq compression, just one effect on each category and limited options on each. I like the idea of just having one version of each effect. I'd much rather have one great reverb than six cheap ones. The reverb in this app is better than anything in amplitube but it isn't great. So at the moment, if I had to choose one iOS amp sim app and gig with it, line 6 would be my choice.
Warning - Doesn't Work
I never take the time to rate an app. But when I run across something this horribly bad, I feel obligated to warn others -- do not buy a Sonic Port device if you are expecting it to work with this app. Line 6 knows of all the problems discussed in internet forums and has never taken the time to fix them. The app is supposed to recognize the Sonic Port device, but is unable to. Many blame it on defective cables, but overall it is completely useless with this app. However, you can use the Sonic Port with other apps, but Line 6 lures you into purchasing the devices with this software. Hopefully Line 6 will decide to remove the in-app purchase and allow its customers to finally use this app. Just when I was starting to love Line 6, I've lost faith in them.
Performs beyond my expectations
I've ditched all my other sim software. Mobile Pod has everything I need for my practice sessions. Did a lot of research before buying the Line 6 Sonic Port interface for my iPad Air 2, and it's been completely stable and brilliant, with hardly any noise floor unless I really crank the gain up.
I didn't really expect to use the bundled software due to the reviews here, but I've tried a bunch of stuff, and Mobile Pod is my fave.
The GUI is intuitive and easy to navigate.
The tuner is a bit weird - slightly erratic.
Tones sound pretty good for a sim. Certainly better than my old Pod 2.0.
I'd like to see more flexibility in the tone library in terms of custom organization, but I basically just make my own tones and use that folder.
Wish users could share tones as with other Line 6 products. That's my chief complaint.
Anyway, great software.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jun 09, 2016
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 35.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Line 6, Inc
- © 2011-2016 Line 6, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Mobile POD$19.99