Mobile Podcaster - Record and Publish Your Podcast to WordPress, Libsyn and Dropbox
By Steinar Knutsen
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Mobile Podcaster is an iPhone & iPad podcast publishing application that lets you record and publish audio recordings and podcast episodes (up to 15 minutes long) directly to your WordPress website (both Wordpress.org and Wordpress.com).
Whether you podcast on a regular basis or simply want to add audio to your blog, Mobile Podcaster makes it easy to podcast, saves you significant time and makes podcasting much more enjoyable.
THE EASY WAY TO PODCAST
WordPress 3.6 and newer includes audio embedding support (M4a and MP3). Popular WordPress podcasting plugins, such as Blubrry PowerPress, allow you to sync your WordPress podcast with iTunes. Since Mobile Podcaster enables you to automatically publish audio to your site … publishing to iTunes just became a breeze.
* Record podcast episodes from your iPad or iPhone
* Upload recording and new blog post directly to your WordPress site (up to 15 minutes long)
* Upload to Dropbox or FTP server, such as Libsyn
* Import recordings from Dropbox, such as Intro or Outro
* Add an Intro and/or Outro to episodes
* Record with the internal microphone or use your Apple headphones with built-in mic
* Playback through speakers or headphones
* Pause while recording and playback
* Choose low, medium and high audio recording quality
* Include a title and description for your episode
* Add an image to your podcast and embed in your WordPress post
* Set image to Featured when posting to WordPress
* Categorize you recordings and blog posts
* Publish to your WordPress site as Draft, Published, Private or Pending
* Email recordings if you don't want to post online
* Download recordings from iTunes when device is connected
* Optimized for iPhone, iPhone 5, iPad and iPad mini
* Save significant time vs. manually recording and uploading your podcast
* Podcast on the go and have your voice online quickly
* Conduct interviews without the hassle of bulky computer equipment
* Record short or long episodes for a variety of options
* Differentiate your business and attract a new audience with your podcast
* Bring your photos to life with audio narration
* A WordPress website - either WordPress.org or WordPress.com
* Either WordPress.org 3.6 or newer, or an older version of an Wordpress.org site with a WordPress podcasting plugin that plays .m4a audio files (there are several, such as BluBrry Powerpress)
* WordPress.com sites require a Space Upgrade to allow audio file uploads to the media library. You can purchase a Space Upgrade from your WordPress.com Dashboard starting at $20 per year.
Learn more at http://www.mobilepodcaster.com
What's New in Version 1.6
* Updated for iO7
* Updated for Wordpress 3.6 audio embed support
* Minor UI improvements
* Minor bug fixes
Sweeeeet! But needs a smidge more...
Dear Mobile Podcasters of Awesomeness,
I've been playing with Mobile Podcaster for a few days and there are just a couple of features its missing to make it super useful.
Ability to trim front and back of files. Fading would be nice too, but you really need to add the ability to trim, because some mics have a pop sound from when pushing record.
If you do add the ability to trim, it would be helpful to see the waveform.
You could get around that if you could pull in recordings directly from Voice Memos, because Voice Memos can trim.
Anyway, it's pretty sweet with the publishing but a tad lacking. You may want to mention that for wordpress above 3.something you don't have to enable XML-RPC, because it comes auto-enabled in those versions.
Best podcasting app
This is easily the best podcasting program I have ever used. It is extremely user-friendly. There are no other options that even come close to comparing to this one. The only negative to it is that you can't edit you're recording.
FAIL FAIL FAIL
I've been using libsyn a while and it works well. I got this app to post to libsyn, but every single time I click upload...it says select FTP ACCOUNT; which I've already done!! WTH is going on? Why pay for an app that doesn't work??
I went thru the FAQ page and this isn't addressed anywhere on it. I would love it if someone could tell me how to fix this stupid issue.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Nov 23, 2013
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 17.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Steinar Knutsen
- © 2012 Mobile Podcaster
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.