Mobile URL Monitor
By Andrew Trice
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
URL Monitor is a simple diagnostic application that will allow you to quickly and easily monitor the status of various URL endpoints. Simply enter a URL into the text box and add it to the list. A polling HTTP request will be made every 10 seconds to determine the availability of a given endpoint. HTTP codes 200, 202, 204, 205 and 206 will be identified as a success with a green check. All other HTTP codes will indicate a problem as a red 'X'. To remove a listing, simply perform a horizontal swipe on a given row to reveal a delete button.
How to remove URL?
The app basically works. How do I remove a URL??
I put in the wrong URL and good for me that URL actually resolves.
This is what is lacking as far as I can tell...
1. Need to be able to edit urls.
2. Need to be able to remove urls.
3. Need to be able to suspend urls from monitoring.
4. Pop up and/or alert sound when URL does not resolve.
5. Monitoring schedules for maintenance periods per URL.
6. Edit polling frequency per URL.
It's a good start. If you added those features I'd buy it. Hard to complain about free. Just giving you some feed back. I encourage you to keep working on it. System admins don't have a problem spending $5 on an app that works for them. :)
The app is so basic and it will be more helpful if it has a push notification of any change otherwise whats the point.
Does not work
I have an ipad air, all I get is a black screen.
- Category: Utilities
- Released: Aug 23, 2011
- Version: 1.0.0
- Size: 18.8 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Andrew Trice
- © Andrew Trice
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), and iPod touch (5th generation).