Through the MobileDetect App, DetectaChem is able to bring automated presumptive substance detection to the masses.
The app utilizes the phone’s on-board camera to analyze MobileDetect Pouches, a patent-pending system which utilizes a swab to sample both non-visible and bulk amounts of a substance of interest. The Detection Engine contained in the app was developed utilizing DetectaChem’s years of experience with the SEEKER line of handheld automated colorimetric detection devices. This gives the user powerful automated detection coupled with an easy-to-use interface and advanced reporting and data collection.
The MobileDetect Pouches, commonly called presumptive colorimetric field tests, bring a wide variety of detection from all types of substances. And with automated detection through the app, the user does not have to reference color charts and detection is not reliant on individual perception or at risk of human error. The app features advanced reporting capabilities that simplifies evidence collection and preserves test authenticity and connection to crime scene. The MobileDetect App allows for quick and powerful presumptive substance testing on the most popular platform in the world, smartphones.
HOW IT WORKS:
The MobileDetect app utilizes the camera to capture a picture of the MobileDetect Pouch after the test has been performed. The app captures the QR code on the pouch to initiate the test, determine the pouch type, automatically apply the correct algorithms, and apply a color-balancing algorithm as well to ensure consistent lighting and color representation. The Detection Engine then will determine if a positive reaction has occurred and display the results to the user. The result screen contains test specific information and gives the user the ability to add additional data such as notes, pictures or location data.
• Simple, and powerful Automated Detection on MobileDetect Pouches
• Detect a wide variety substances
• Results in seconds
• Log tests with chain-of-evidence with pictures, notes, test details, and GPS location for each test
• Build and share Advanced Reports
• Drug library with DEA fact sheets
• On-board tutorial and training
DetectaChem is constantly expanding MobileDetect Pouch offerings to keep up with the evolving detection needs. See our website for a full list of MobileDetect Pouch offerings
*Requires MobileDetect Pouches for Automated Detection
**Results obtained from the MobileDetect system are presumptive and should be confirmed using laboratory equipment as required.
- No more app licensing, the app is unlocked for all users!
- Improved detection algorithms
Ratings and Reviews
Easy to use. Simple.
- Detectachem, LLC
- 65.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 DetectaChem, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.