By Synium Software GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Immerse yourself in the world of mobile genealogy!
MobileFamilyTree 7 is the first is the first fully-fledged mobile genealogy app out there. MobileFamilyTree doesn't require you to own a Mac or PC as it offers just every feature you could wish for in a modern genealogy app.
Nonetheless, MobileFamilyTree works with MacFamilyTree like clockwork and can be synchronized via iCloud if desired.
Create or edit your family tree with the help of our intuitive Interactive Tree or use a wide range of convenient charts and reports to record every little family history detail. Take photos or videos of your relatives directly from within the app. Optionally, you can keep your tree synchronized via iCloud or use the GEDCOM file format to exchange data with almost any Mac or PC based genealogy app out there.
Or try FamilySearch, the world's largest genealogy archive to do your research - it's absolutely free of charge!
MobileFamilyTree 7 Overview:
- Well arranged, fast and easy to use interface
- MobileFamilyTree ist the first and only full-featured mobile genealogy app
- MacFamilyTree not required, can be used standalone
- Full support GEDCOM export and import
- iCloud synchronization
- Awesome charts and maps
- Integration of FamilySearch, the world's largest genealogy archive
- Use the new Interactive Tree, the research assistant or the table view to enter your data
- Take photos or videos directly from within MobileFamilyTree 7
- Keep track of tasks with the help of the To Do feature
- Powerful media browser and places administration
- All MacFamilyTree charts are available in MobileFamilyTree 7
Hourglass Chart, Ancestor Chart, Timeline, Double Ancestor Chart, Statistics Chart, Fan Chart, Relationship Chart, Genogram Chart, Map View and Name Distribution Chart
- Print your charts right from your mobile device
- Share your charts via email
- Follow your ancestors around the world using the map view or display statistical details in the map
- All MacFamilyTree reports are available for MobileFamilyTree 7
- Available Reports:
Persons Report, Family Report, Relationships Report, Narrative Report, Places Report, Events Report, Distinctive Persons Report, List of Birthdays Report, Marriage List Report, Anniversary Report and Plausibility Report
- Print your reports right from your mobile device
- Share your reports via email
- Synchronize your data via iCloud
- FamilySearch - use the world's largest genealogy archive for your research. It's without any additional cost or subscription fees!
Display and Present
- Do you own an Apple TV?
Present the Interactive Tree, the Virtual Tree and all types of charts and reports on the TV or via a video projector
- Share all types of charts and reports via email, via GEDCOM file export or send a download link via iCloud
What's New in Version 7.6.2
- Several issues printing Reports to multiple pages solved
- Added support for importing URLs in Sources from GEDCOM
- Issue solved preventing media to show up in iCloud synced databases
- Uploading person and family events to FamilySearch improved
- Several localization issues fixed
I have happily used MacFamilyTree for several years & was looking forward to trying MobileFamilyTree. It worked OK for a few months, then stopped. It could not see my database in the cloud. Waited for several updates & the issue wasn't resolved. Finally contacted Synium Software support in May, 2014 & received one excuse after another. After still more revisions to both the app & operating systems, the app can recognize the database, but won't open it. There's just a little spinning wheel that never stops. Finally they said it is a problem with iCloud Drive. Contacted Apple, who, of course, says it is a Synium Software problem. I'm still stuck with an app that doesn't work. Wish I could give negative stars (black holes?). Don't waste your money!
Further updates & we are back to the original problem: the app won't see the database in iCloud.
Passcode Protection Needed
I have not used the app much yet, but one of the first things I noticed was the lack of a passcode option. An extra layer of protection wouldn't hurt.
Has never worked
After five minutes of using this on my iPad Pro it has stopped working. I have reloaded it twice but it is still just spinning. What a waste of money!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 25, 2015
- Version: 7.6.2
- Size: 42.1 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Synium Software GmbH
- © Copyright 2015 Synium Software GmbH Germany
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.