Ryde - The SF Muni, BART, and AC Transit App (Formerly MobileMuni)
By LuckyBird, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ryde is the FASTEST and EASIEST app for getting around the San Francisco Bay Area using public transit. Ryde brings Muni, AC Transit, and Bart routes and predictions into a single lightning-fast, insanely easy-to-use app.
• Instantly see predictions for nearby bus stops! Simply tap any pin on the map.
• Never be lost in the Bay Area again! Ryde instantly finds the best route between any two locations, complete with walking directions. In just a single tap Ryde can tell you which route to take, when to get on and off the bus or train, and how to walk there.
• Don't know the address of a place you want to go to? Drag a pin on the map or search for a place by name. Either way, Ryde saves your recent choices for quick access.
• Save your favorites stops or routes in a single tap! Instantly see bus predictions for your favorite stops whenever you launch the app.
• Trying to find routes when you're underground in a Bart station with no service? Where other transit apps choke, Ryde still gives you instant results. And unlike other transit apps, Ryde takes real-time, GPS locations of trains and buses into account when predicting arrival times.
Ryde is the fastest transit app on the planet. Don't just ride the bus. RYDE the bus.
***** COMING SOON *****
We're already working on adding CalTrain, SamTrans, and Golden Gate Transit. All in a single app!
What's New in Version 3.2
• Route Finder has been improved immensely and tested with over 100 different trips against G Maps, BART Trip Planner, and other transit apps to give the same or better suggested routes — in under a second, even if your phone has no service!
• Ryde now defaults to using your current location as the start location for Route Finder when you launch the app
• Nearby stops list now shows predictions for all routes at all nearby stops
• Alternate route finder results list (tap the + button) is much more informative
• Details list for suggested routes (tap the list button) is much more informative
• Fixed every known crash and bug in the app!
• Fixed issue that would cause duplicate locations to appear in Recents, Favorites, and Search Suggestions
• Find a bus instantly. Ryde now launches twice as fast.
• Big portions of the app have been tuned for performance to make Ryde faster than ever
Recent redesign is horrible but improving
The app has been totally redone and takes away the most useful features. On the prior app, I was able to quickly look at all of my favorites at a glance and see when the next but was. That function is gone as are many others. I'll be deleting this app and looking for a new one.
Update: the last round of updates brought some improvement particularly To the stops nearby function. But it's way too laggy and buggy (list of nearby stops gets cut off and there is no way to scroll. ). It seems this app has gone the opposite of I0S 7 - clean and initiative. I'm now using another app.
Easy to use
I've tried all of the different apps for the Muni and Bart around SF. This one is this most simple for me and the easiest, really useful how I can just drag the map to where I want to go an tap the check box to see the best route or tap the plus to see more options
This new update is so confusing. I ride muni every day to and from work and have to make several transfers. It used to be so easy to see my favorites and see exactly when the next bus was coming for each of my stops. Now I have to individually look up each stop. It is so confusing. Please fix this or someone please comment on a better app that is recommended. This just turned my morning into a stressful one. :-(.
-unhappy muni rider
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 26, 2013
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 7.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: LuckyBird, Inc.
- © 2013 LuckyBird, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.