By Enventra, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
MoboMath lets you create math expressions for your favorite applications in your own handwriting.
Using a pen and tablet, or even a trackpad or mouse, just write an equation as you normally would, tap Enter to convert it to formatted math, and copy or drag it into your target application for evaluation, plotting, or documentation.
● Write math expressions effortlessly, without tedious keyboard or palette input.
● Use equations wherever you need them - in technical documents, presentations, or on web pages. Evaluate or plot them in computational products or save them for later use. Equations are translated into the correct format for each target and can be reused across applications.
● Create expressions for Microsoft Word, Mathematica, Maple, MathMagic, MathType, and products like iWork that use MathType as an equation editor. Use MoboMath’s MathML and TeX formats to support a broad range of other standards-based applications, including iBooks Author.
● Make easy editing changes to equations you create or import. Add, delete, insert, replace, or rearrange parts of an expression using simple pen gestures, or use your pen's eraser tip to remove ink strokes.
● Customize MoboMath for the types of expressions you normally use, from basic algebra to advanced calculus. Vectors, matrices, integrals, differentials, limits, ranges, logical operators, Greek characters and more are all available.
● MoboMath is optimized for easy use and best results with a pen and tablet. The tools you need most are just a tap away in the MoboMath toolbar.
What's New in Version 2.2.0
● New tools to adapt MoboMath to your individual handwriting style. If you write a character in your own special way, you can now train MoboMath to recognize it.
● Support for the most recent OS X releases including Mountain Lion.
● Bug fixes and other improvements.
Apparently, some people can't understand a simple program….
This is just what I was looking for. Simple easy to use math inputer. So right off the bat if you tried to input something the very first time I can almost gurantee that it won't work. It can recognize a few basic things, but you have to teach it your handwritting. So you have to go into the app and give it "samples" of how you write things, so far I haven't had an issue since I have gone back and done that. I have to use this for my Calc Class since I have to type up a paper and I didn't want to learn LaTeX since I am not a math major…I rate it four stars since it you have to go in and fix what it isn't picking up correctly, which can be quite a bit. But it is still one of the best programs you can get off the app store for Macs. I use it on my MacBook Pro, not lags whatsoever. Quick. Simple. As far as using it longterm, I would say it gets better as you go, but if you are a serious math person I would recommend buying LaTeX, learning how to use it, and going with that program. If I decided to go farther into math I would buy the LaTeX. But for the occasional paper requiring Math problems, or for typing a few math examples, this program will do just fine. (I use a Wacom tablet, DO NOT BUY WITHOUT something simliar, it would end up being so much harder!)