Mobile Remote Station For MOBOTIX IP Video Door Stations And IP Cameras
Owners of MOBOTIX IP Video Door Stations and MOBOTIX IP Cameras can now use this app on their iPad, iPad mini, iPad Pro, iPhone or iPod touch. The user interface of the App automatically adjusts to the screen size of the terminal device. The network connection is established via WiFi in a building or via 3G/4G while on the road - safely encrypted without the need for any other special devices.
Even if you don't have a MOBOTIX device yet (e.g., Door Station, camera), you can test the app using demo videos!
The app uses MOBOTIX's unique video system, which offers many advantages in addition to supplying a 180-degree image of the entire scene in front of the door (Hemispheric technology). What happened today while I was gone? Who rang the doorbell, and when? When and where did the video motion detection of my camera trigger? The app provides easy access to the event recordings of all connected cameras.
The app informs you automatically when someone rings the doorbell. You can open the door for the family, even though you're still stuck in traffic. Delivery men can use the intercom to ask you if they can leave their parcels with the neighbors. And if you're sitting in the backyard, just take your iPhone or iPad.
Much more Flexibility
Besides people ringing the doorbell, the app also informs you of other alarm signals (e.g., from the integrated video motion detection of a MOBOTIX camera).
• Worldwide connection via WiFi or via internet
• Automatic search of cameras in the local network
• Camera integration outside the local network via DynDNS
• Video presentation (Live/Player): can be optimized to the available bandwidth
• Video with two-way audio using camera microphone and speaker
• Signaling of the doorbell and other events
• Opening doors and switching lights
• Panning, tilting and zooming of the camera (virtual PTZ)
• Do not disturb function: switching off bell completely
• Privacy mode: temporary disabling camera functions (e.g., recording, live image)
• Image settings (brightness, color, contrast)
• T24/25 mailbox settings (bell profile, announcement, recording)
• Event counter and preview (e.g., missed doorbell ring, mailbox messages, alarms)
• Quick overview of all cameras and all recorded events
• Grouping of cameras and recordings
• Playing back all recorded messages and events
• Jog shuttle playback (forward and reverse), time lapse function
• Snapshot export into photo album
• Backup and restore app configurations
• Integrated help function for easy operation
Connections in wireless networks (WiFi, 3G/4G) will not have the same quality everywhere and may even fail completely. Therefore it is not guaranteed that all events such as ringing will be transmitted in time. A er connection failure the MOBOTIX App tries to re-establish the connection automatically. However, with newer versions of the iOS operating system, the activities of apps have generally been restricted in the so-called background mode so that a signal notification cannot be guaranteed even under ideal network conditions. Therefore, MOBOTIX AG recommends in general the use of a wired counter station such as the MxDisplay +. Please refer to the MOBOTIX website for more information about this app. Please note that for older MOBOTIX IP cameras (Q22/D22/M22/D12/M12) only live image display with limited intercom (one way audio, push to talk) is supported.
• iPad/iPad mini/iPhone/iPod touch with iOS 6.0 or later
• MOBOTIX IP Video Door Station with firmware version 126.96.36.199 or later
• MOBOTIX IP Camera with firmware version 188.8.131.52 or later
- Audible notifications for alarms and rings are operable again if app is running in foreground.
- System sounds are no longer available for audible notifications.
- New sounds for audible notifications.
Ratings and Reviews
Read the instructions, silly.
Like Mobotix cameras, this app is full of awesome features, but to appreciate every detail, you MUST read the instructions. These are available from the Mobotix website. If you just start playing with the app, you are likely to become frustrated. Every time I thought I found a glitch in the app, once I read that section of the user manual, I realized how I was doing it wrong and appreciated the subtleties and functionality of the app. Did you know in the Player mode you could slowly search down to the second depending on how close your finger was to the search button? The farther away from the button you drag your finger, the more accurate the search. That's on Page 12 of the manual.
Don't give up on this excellent app because you haven't really tried to understand it. Those German engineers put a lot of thought into it and it is almost as comprehensive as is their cameras.
I have 8 of their cameras installed in my house and couldn't be happier with their technology.
Horrible, terrible, useless app
This is quite possibly one of the worst apps I've ever used. Confusing doesn't even begin to explain it! Sad, such promising capabilities included with the camera hardware. But what's the point if you can't understand how to get at that functionality because of the horribly designed software. It's like the Mobotix software designers have never used an iPhone app. I'm not a hater. I really wanted to like the Mobotix Q series cameras. But with software this bad, it really makes me wonder if the hardware is that well thought out. I don't have much confidence that all the fancy features will ever work reliably (assuming I can ever figure out how to setup or use any of those features). I just don't understand how a company could produce such a terrible user interface. If anyone at Mobotix reads this review, please take just a second to ponder this question; Do you know what INTUITIVE even means? The Mobotix software requires hours with the manual to even begin to understand! I suggest anyone (like me) who has made the mistake of buying the Mobotix cameras, to immediately start the search for better software from a 3rd party or simply return the cameras.
Is it the easiest app to learn? NO. Is it probably the best app I have used for security cameras? YES! I've got NUUO and BOSCH systems and they don't come close. We have 48 cameras at 8 different locations and this system handles it with ease. Also there is such easy access to playback features it just makes it a very powerful app. Most difficult thing to learn is that the app recognizes different environments. Every different wifi your device connects to it will use default settings. This may or may not allow you to view the cameras. This means for each environment including cell you will need to toggle if it is remote or local. SSL on or off and if the camera is active or not, and this is for each camera. After that your device will remember the environment. Other then that the app is relatively easy to learn and far superior to others. For me this app is great. Good job MOBOTIX.
- MOBOTIX AG
- 49.6 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 MOBOTIX AG
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.