By Celestial Teapot Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Rapidly create beautiful, high-fidelity mockups of iOS, iPad and iPhone applications with Mocks. Mocks is a modern, native app for OS X that gives you special tools to design mockups of iOS applications and screens.
Mocks comes with a built-in collection of graphics depicting iOS UI controls and widgets (like buttons, toolbars, and text fields). Drag these controls from the Library palette on the left to the central Canvas area where you compose your mockups. Alignment guides (both automatic, and user-created) help you keep your designs in line.
Every Mocks composition is a multi-page document supporting Apple's iCloud Document Storage, Autosave, Version Browsing, and Full-Screen features in Lion and Mountain Lion. Page thumbnails appear in a vertical palette on the far left of every window, giving you an overview of the contents of all pages simultaneously.
Mocks also includes many of the essential features you expect from a Diagramming or Flowchart application. Including a large collection of shapes, arrows, images, and magnetic lines which automatically resize and move along with the shapes to which they are connected.
Mocks is great for Programmers and Designers looking for a simple tool for quickly designing iOS UI mockups, laying out wireframes, or visualizing model relationships.
Mocks lets you get to work quickly by giving you just the important tools you need in a slick, single-window, thoroughly Mac-native UI.
Easily import graphics and icons by dragging from the Finder, and dropping on the Mocks Canvas.
What's New in Version 1.7.1
New in 1.7.1
* Updated document icon.
New in 1.7
* NEW: Snazzy new icon.
* NEW: Text labels for Line, Arc, and Segmented Line objects. Double-click a Line object to invoke edit mode (you'll see a text cursor).
* NEW: Line object's text can be drawn on the path of the line by: Select a Line object > Inspector > Text > "Text follows line path". Begin typing to add text to the Line.
* NEW: Hold down the spacebar and drag the canvas for precise canvas scrolling.
* NEW: More precise, more beautiful rendering of lines and arrow heads.
* NEW: More arrow head types: Diamond, Circle, Square.
* NEW: Each line's two arrow heads are now specified separately. This allows mixing of any two arrow heads in the same line.
* FIX: Elipse objects correctly retain their rotation.
* FIX: Improved hit test behavior (selection via clicking) of Line objects with text.
* FIX: Shift dragging Line objects now produces straight lines.
Good for quick mockups
Within 30 minutes or so I had a 5 page mockup created for an app. I do agree with some of the negatives from other views in the limitations. This could definitely use some additional features, more polish, etc. But for a quick and dirty mockup, it met my requirements.
I also appreciated the export to PDF so I can share with my non-mac co-workers (or those that dont have this app). If I were to really get into mobile app development and mockup creation, yes I might look for a different app. But this was totally worth the $10
Good for designing a iPhone App but not iPad
Wish I could get my money back - this app is as basic as it gets and would have been great when the iPhone first came out. Developer really needs to get moving on some updates to the app.
Issues I found within 10mins of using the app:
No ability to copy and paste image objects from the clipboard?
If you are trying to design a iPhone screen - most of the graphic elements don’t stretch - even though it allows you to select an iPad as an option.
No actual graphic depicting an iphone or iPad when designing a screen.
Honestly dont waste your money - this app needs work.
- Category: Graphics & Design
- Updated: Jul 02, 2013
- Version: 1.7.1
- Size: 10.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Todd Ditchendorf
- © Celestial Teapot
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later, 64-bit processor