By Moog Music Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Moog Model 15 App is the first Moog modular synthesizer and synthesis educational tool created exclusively for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Each facet of the Moog Model 15 modular synthesizer has been meticulously recreated in this application to ensure the power and transcendent sound quality of each module remains intact. The character, harmonic complexity and mystique of the Moog Model 15’s modules, from the legendary Moog 921–series oscillators and 904A Low Pass Filter, to the coveted 907 Fixed Filter Bank have been painstakingly preserved.
In order to develop the most immersive and expressive modular interface possible, the Model 15 App has been designed utilizing Apple’s new Metal advanced graphics engine. This ensures that all zooming, panning and modular patching throughout the application feels completely natural, something that would have been impossible otherwise.
The Model 15 App features both monophonic and 4-voice polyphonic operation is easily commanded via 4 seamlessly integrated controllers. Simple swipes and taps provide instant access to a traditional Moog keyboard, 1150 ribbon controller, 8-step sequencing arpeggiator and the award-winning Animoog keyboard with 22 built-in scales and polyphonic modulation capabilities.
Also included are extended features which expand the capabilities of the app beyond the traditional offerings of the hardware Moog Model 15. These include total MIDI integration, assignment for external control, use as a MIDI controller, dedicated Audio Bridge and MIDI Bridge modules, looping recorder module with overdubbing, a master ping-pong delay module and a new extension cabinet that includes additional amplifiers and voltage-controlled reversible attenuators that can be used for effects like ring-modulation.
Because the Model 15 App utilizes Apple’s Metal technology, only 64-bit devices are supported. Compatible devices include iPhone 5s or newer, iPod touch 6 or newer, iPad Air or newer, and the iPad Pro.
The Model 15 App requires iOS version 9.3 or later to work.
• Ships with over 160 unique presets
• Recreates the sound of a hardware Moog Model 15 modular synthesizer
• Easily share presets and recordings with anyone
• Tutorial patches to assist all experience levels
• Intuitive patching and cable coloring
• Support for landscape and portrait modes
• Voltage-controlled stereo ping-pong delay
• Expressive sequencing arpeggiator
• Moog 1150 Ribbon controller
• Real-time looping recorder with overdub and immediate sharing
• Up to two controllers on-screen (iPad only)
• Optional left-handed UI operation
• 3D Touch and Apple Pencil integration for after pressure
• Note-per-channel MIDI controllers
• Ableton Link
• Inter-App Audio and Audiobus
• MIDI Bridge and Audio Bridge
• 7 and 14-Bit MIDI
• MIDI Program Change
• Bluetooth LE MIDI controllers
• Typing keyboards for shortcuts and musical typing
• AudioCopy, AudioPaste and AudioShare
What's New in Version 1.1.1
• Integrated Audiobus 3 with full support for MIDI routing
• Added three new expansion packs to the store: Alien Systems, Mercurial Strategies and Sinfonietta Sintesi
• Added support for Allihoopa to the Recorder export feature (select through the SETTINGS -> SHARE panel)
• Added support for sending MIDI pitchbend and mod wheel with the appropriate controller wheels
• Fix for user preferences not being restored correctly when launched through Audiobus
• Added Restore Purchases functionality to the store
• Properly disable metal rendering of controllers when app goes to background
• Improved background audio compatibility with other apps
• Improvements to the recorder
• Updated AudioCopy SDK to v3.4
Gateway to Modular Synthesizers
I've tried a few other software synthesizers and none of them satisfy my desire for a hardware synthesizer like the Model 15 app. If you're GASing (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) for an expensive vintage, analog synthesizer, this app is very close to being the real deal at a fraction of the price. I'm not saying it's a complete replacement, but it will at least hold you over while you save your money for that synth you've been dreaming of.
The two features that I would really like to see implemented are a built-in spectrum analyzer and oscilloscope. The spectrum analyzer would be great for seeing what your output looks like on the frequency spectrum. The oscilloscope would be helpful for debugging control voltages and signals, as well as visualizing the audio waveform.
Best modular app ever made. Super deep, functions exactly as one would expect from old user manuals. Beautiful sound. I'm more used to eurorack modular stuff so Moog's slightly different take is quite a trip. I could ask for more but I would need a much bigger device 😂.
Seriously though this was made in such a genius way I'm absolutely floored by it. Great job Moog, I know Bob would be proud.
Most unique tone generator for iOS
I almost have every synth iOS has to offer and this is up in my top 1%. This app is an absolute must have. It makes it really easy to create your own sounds. The preset voices have a thick and warm tone analog sound. Awesome!!!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Apr 12, 2017
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 206 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Moog Music Inc.
- © 2016 Moog Music Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
Top In-App Purchases
- Psychotropic Synthesis Expansion Pack$2.99
- Sonic Mayhem Expansion Pack$2.99
- Textural Points Expansion Pack$4.99
- Mercurial Strategies Expansion Pack$5.99
- Alien Systems Expansion Pack$3.99
- Sinfonietta Sintesi Expansion Pack$2.99