Model Releaser is the most complete and comprehensive model release app that allows you to make photography model release contracts on the go. Your model can sign their name, you can attach their photo, and a model release in PDF format will be generated... that is it's core purpose. But we've also included many other helpful tools and resources. Just take a look below for some of the features you won't find in any other model release app.
Great for photographers, artists, videographers, cinematographers, etc. Anyone that needs model releases! Never again will you get caught at a photo shoot without a model release form or contract for work at hand!
• Clean, modern easy-to-use interface.
• Make model release contracts on the go.
• 12 included model release templates, including Getty Images, iStockPhoto, ShutterStock, and BigStockPhoto standard releases. Note: Getty and iStock no longer accept digital model releases, but we still include the templates for your own use.
• Take a picture of your model or their ID with your device's camera and attach to contract for identity verification.
• Get the model's signature quickly and easily.
• Save as .PDF or . JPEG files which can be shared via e-mail, text message, uploaded to iCloud drive, etc.
• Security PIN for secure app access.
• MD5 Hash generation on PDF for verifying authenticity of model releases.
• Database of your saved model releases for easy access.
• Save and load drafts of model releases.
• Import model and witness information fast from your contacts to automatically fill out model releases.
• View model releases in-app for convenience.
• And lots more!
• All of the features in the free version, plus:
• No in-app advertisements.
• Insert your company's logo or company information automatically in each model release.
• Manage your photo session in-app by attaching model releases to them and generating financial reports.
• Create your own custom model release templates.
• Create your own custom fields for use in the model releases.
• Load custom model release templates from a .txt file.
• Multiple photographer profiles for larger studios.
• Edit saved model releases (new signatures required.)
• Automatic backup of model releases to your iCloud account.
• Save model and witness info to app contacts automatically and sync with iCloud after release generation.
• In-app event calendar that you can sync with your iCloud Calendar account.
• Print model releases to a Wi-Fi printer on your network, directly from the app.
• Customize model release PDF layout and text options, including text color and signature color.
• Customize app theme colors.
• Remove the disclaimer at the bottom of the generated model releases about the model release being generated digitally with Model Releaser.
PLEASE NOTE: Getty Images and iStockPhoto are no longer accepting digitally created model releases, based on our user reports. This is out of our control. Personally we believe in saving the lives of trees and going paperless. We apologize for the inconvenience. You may still use this app to create digital model releases for other stock photo agencies, or your own personal use.
Paid features can be purchased in packages from the upgrade screen in-app.
** Please note: This app is not to be considered as providing legal advice. Verify any provided sample model releases or contracts with your attorney before adapting them for your own use. **
* Fixed a bug where model releases would be created as blank on iOS 12.
* Now you can set other currencies for compensation.
* Added some additional warnings and informational popups.
* Migrate app to newer version of swift for more flexibility on the back end and increased performance.
* Added restore purchases functionality back in.
Ratings and Reviews
What the heck?!
Can’t go back kn certain areas?! It also seems the versions (pro, studio, etc) are inaccurate as far as what you are supposed to get.
Its fine for very basic releases, but isn't what they say, at least at this point
Developer Response ,
Hi Grizz12311, we're sorry you're not satisfied with your experience so far. Could you please submit a help ticket via in-app support and give us some detail so we can troubleshoot for you directly?
Not Impressed, Lacks Functionality
So the idea is great and I use to own an app that did what this app says it can do but doesn’t. However, the old app is no longer maintained and not an option, which is how I arrived at purchasing this app for $13.
The missing and non-functional parts of this app are:
1. The backup doesn’t sync across the iPhone and iPad. Really, I haven’t even found the few contacts and contracts in my iCloud when I went looking for them.
2. I haven’t been able to create a form yet!
3. The print on the iPhone is so small that you can’t read it on the contracts, which make using the iPad a necessity.
4. The Functionality on the iPhone is different than on the iPad. Somethings are present and work on one and not the other. The iPad is missing the help section and can’t make and edit forms.
5. There probably is more than this but I got frustrated, stopped working with it, and therefore I am not listing everything I encountered.
I did email the vendor/developer, but I am not holding my breath that the problems will be fixed. I really needed this app over the weekend and had expected it would perform as advertised. Obviously it didn’t! Apple really needs to do a better job with vetting the applications and refunding monies when the apps don’t live up to their claims or mislead consumers.
Developer Response ,
Sorry about these issues, this is a new app we just released this year and apparently not all of the kinks have been worked out yet. We are going to be releasing a major update soon with many bug fixes, and many, many new features and tools, some addressing the issues you raised. Hopefully you will give the app another shot after the update arrives. Please make sure auto-update is enabled. Hopefully we can earn a better rating from you! :)
This app is great for anyone who works with models and needs to fill out the release information. This app lays everything out for you and makes it super easy to fill out information
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review! 😊 If you have any ideas for any improvements or new features, feel free to contact us at any time.
- Dunbar Technology, LLC
- 37.9 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular,and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Photographer's Arsenal / Dunbar Technology LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Studio Upgrade $12.99
- Premium Upgrade $3.99
- Professional Upgrade $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.