Modern Combat: Sandstorm HD
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The benchmark for realistic modern war games now arrives on iPad!
**Touch Arcade: “An excellent game that raises the bar of what is to be expected of future first person shooters.”
**iLounge’s Editor’s Choice Game of the Year
Acclaimed for its exemplary design & controls, this action-thriller pushes the limits even further, with optimized iPad controls and lifelike, high-definition graphics.
Modern Combat: Sandstorm will plunge you into the heart of modern war. Assigned to Operation Sandstorm, your duty is to locate and annihilate a new terrorist cell setting up shop and recruiting foreign insurgents in a remote desert hot spot. This jarring first person shooter will equip you with the most sophisticated and powerful modern day weapons.
CONTROLS BUILT FOR iPad
- A quick pinch on-screen switches to the Sniper or Ironsight view for extra precision
- Slide two fingers on the screen to throw grenades
- A fully customizable interface, in addition to the 3 basic control schemes
AN IMMERSIVE MILITARY EXPERIENCE
- 10 missions set in varied Middle Eastern environments including a city, hospital, sewer, port, lab and training camp
- Full 3D battlefields rendered in high-definition graphics
- Cinematic cut-scenes, voice-overs and true-to-life situations
COMBAT INTENSITY AT ITS PEAK
- Authentic, advanced weapons: 2 assault rifles, a sniper rifle, RPG, shotgun, submachine gun, light machine gun, explosive grenades, flashbang grenades, and a heavy machine gun mounted on a moving 4X4
- Unlock weapons as you level up, and use munitions from fallen foes
- iPad-exclusive mini-map deepens the tactical dimension
- Local and Online multiplayer
- 1-4 player Deathmatch or Team Deathmatch on 3 Multiplayer maps
- Play with other fans around the world through Gameloft LIVE!
War is hell. Step inside.
Follow the official Twitter account to get more info about the game: http://twitter.com/Modern_combat/
Also available from Gameloft on the iPad: Asphalt 5, Real Soccer 2010, N.O.V.A. - Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance, NFL 2010, Dungeon Hunter and Let's Golf!
Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.
What's New in Version 1.0.4
Updated for iOS 5
Lynnette tully, how could be an 'updated' version of MC3 when this is the first of the series? I just wanted to leave feedback just for that. How can a person be 'that' stupid? Obviously the graphics wont be as good as MC3 (the newest in the series)
I do want to say though, that this is a pretty good game. The graphics arent as good as MC3 but they are still pretty good. Most gamers of this generation are dumb and only concntrate on the graphics. Its the content that matters. Although i personally think the price sould be lowered to 3 bucks (because its been out for quite a while) its not terribly bad as it is.
Really, my ONLY complain in this game, MC2 and MC3 is the lack of control options. I require the use of 'tap to shoot' feature, and although this game kinda has it, its not quite good. In this game, to shoot with the 'tap to shoot' feature, you need to DOUBLE tap to shoot. Why?
I play games on my ipad with one arm (lost one) and NEED full control customization. If updated with control customization, this deserves 5 stars
Fix or Money Back
Let me start off by saying I bought this game on accident. Then I go into the game, which due to the way it aged should be more like $3 rather than $5. Then I start playing and the audio glitches and so after every spoken sentence the last word gets repeated over and over again and never stops, so all I hear is "Okay-okay-okay-okay-okay-okay-okay" non stop while I also hear "Left and right-left and right-left and right" non stop and it happens after almost every sentence so before you know it all you hear is a jumble of repeated words and nothing else. PLEASE FIX OR GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK. I am playing on IPad Mini.
Modern Combat Sandstorm HD is a awesome game but it needs some patches or updates to fix the glitch on every mission you start the characters that talk to you before the mission even starts there last word just repeats and repeats why you are in the mission and it gets very annoying to hear during the whole mission. so would you please fix that it would nice of you to do that thanks!!!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 19, 2011
- Version: 1.0.4
- Size: 202 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Gameloft
- © 2009 Gameloft. All Rights Reserved. Gameloft, the Gameloft logo, and Modern Combat: Sandstorm are trademarks of Gameloft in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.