• A must-have guitar app for all students and fans of legendary modern rock players such as Eddie Van Halen, Randy Rhoads, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen, Vinnie Moore, Tony Macalpine, Jason Becker, John Petrucci and Paul Gilbert
• Course written by Martin Goulding, one of the UK’s foremost educators, senior tutor and specialist in modern rock studies at the Guitar Institute in London, and columnist for Guitar Techniques and Guitar World magazines
• A structured course for developing the modern rock lead guitar style, exclusively designed for iPad
• Dedicated sections covering the legato, two-handed tapping, alternate picking and sweeping techniques
• Unique accelerated learning approach, where advanced concepts are approached by building key underlying skills
• Over 50 progressive exercise routines for building strength, stamina, timing and accuracy, presented interactively with synced notation, tablature with unique fretboard display, along with high quality audio
• 20 licks presented in high quality video with synced notation, tablature and backing tracks
• Over 25,000 words of tuition, covering technique-building tips, a section on how to practice, building vocabulary for improvisation, and all supporting theory – including intervals, major and minor harmonised scales and modes
• Fully interactive interface with all the practice tools you need, including a metronome, timer, looper, tablature and video player
• Unique interactive scale and arpeggio generators which present all scales, modes, triads and arpeggios in a visual and accessible way
• Create your own custom practice routines from your favourite exercises and licks
Leafcutter Studios has teamed up with top UK guitar instructor, senior tutor at the Guitar Institute in London, and columnist for both Guitar Techniques and Guitar World magazines, Martin Goulding, to bring you Modern Rock Guitar, one of the most detailed and comprehensive courses for the development of the modern rock lead guitar style.
This course is aimed at intermediate to advanced students and players who are looking to develop their technical skills and knowledge within the modern rock style, as well as build improvisational vocabulary in a structured and progressive way.
Featuring over 50 exercise routines, 20 high quality video demonstrations and over 25,000 words of detailed explanations, this app covers the legato, two-handed tapping, alternate picking and sweeping techniques - an essential resource for all students and fans of legendary modern rock players such as Eddie Van Halen, Randy Rhoads, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen, Vinnie Moore, Tony Macalpine, Jason Becker, John Petrucci and Paul Gilbert.
Unlock your potential with one of the most detailed and complete lead guitar course apps out there. Modern Rock Guitar has been designed around a unique, visually accessible and user-friendly interface.
With a host of features, including synced notation and tablature, with looping and speed control, innovative scale and arpeggio generators, theory sections along with full guidance on efficient practice strategies, you will find a range of interactive buttons allowing you easy access to all of the on-screen options.
There is also a dedicated practice mode with all the tools you need to develop your skills, including a metronome, timer and mute functions for playing along with the tab player or click track.
By pressing the star button above each exercise and lick, you can start saving your favourites to the My Practice page, and build your own custom routines based around your goals and available practice time.
An app perfect for those with busy schedules who are looking for a complete and efficient practice solution for developing modern rock techniques.
Take your playing to the next level with Modern Rock Guitar - the most comprehensive lead guitar course out there, designed exclusively for iPad.
This update makes the app compatible with the latest version of iOS.
Ratings and Reviews
Worth the price!
This app is perfect for any level guitar players. If you are a beginner this app is the perfect place to start if you want to improve and achieve a solid technique. And for he medium to advanced players this app is a great workout to keep your guitar chops in shape. The app is mainly divided in four sections which focus on the basic common 4 techniques (alternate picking, legato, sweep picking, tapping) that every modern rock guitarist should be aware of and that should strive to master in order to become a pro-efficient player.
Although some may think this is an app with just a bunch of exercises that anyone could be able to find in guitar pro. Let me tell you that every exercise is well designed to quickly improve your technique just add this to your daily routine and you will notice change in less than you might have expected.
Excellent app for all skill levels. Very disciplined and well organized approach for learning technique.
Killer tuition app from a killer player! Love it
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.