Modernist Cuisine at Home
By Inkling Systems, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
For the the first time ever, create modernist cuisine in your own kitchen with the interactive eBook version of the award-winning “Modernist Cuisine at Home”, exclusively on Inkling.
FAST COMPANY: "It's been designed, not as a book, but as a personal sous chef."
GIZMODO: "The world's most beautiful cookbook is now a beautiful app."
Using videos, high-res photography, and thoughtful new tools developed for the interactive eBook, you'll discover the science behind the techniques of your favorite avant-garde chefs, and learn how to elevate 400 classic “comfort” food recipes like chicken noodle soup and mac-and-cheese with Modernist Cuisine’s signature tips, tricks, and hacks.
The beloved print cookbook has been meticulously transformed for iPad and iPhone, and includes extras not found anywhere else. In addition to 260 more recipes and 359 more photos than the print version, the interactive eBook includes new features such as 37 cooking technique videos, recipe scaling, and shopping lists that sync between all of your devices. For anyone who is fascinated by the art and science behind what we eat, this is a must-have app.
* More recipes and photos: Explore 416 recipes (including 270 new full recipes based on the print book’s suggested variations), 1,683 photos, and additional hints and tips from the Modernist Cuisine team. All recipes are classified on a scale from “easy” to “advanced”, so you can find what fits your needs.
* Technique videos: Created exclusively for the new interactive edition, 37 videos show important techniques in action, such as how to properly execute the water displacement method or the right way to use a blowtorch on your steaks.
* Helpful tools: We’ve added new tools to make recipe planning and grocery shopping even easier. Find recipes by ingredient and level of difficulty with the Recipe Finder, and then scale the ingredients based on how many people you’re cooking for with the Yield Converter. Before heading to the grocery store, add it all to your Shopping List and check things off as you go. Your shopping list syncs between your iPad, iPhone, and web browser.
* Gorgeous photography: Get up close and personal with Modernist Cuisine’s iconic photography from the comfort of your iPad and iPhone. Tap on any photo or slideshow to use the full real estate of your device, and zoom in on every detail with just a pinch out.
* Step by Step recipe walkthroughs: Dive deeper into a new recipe with a Step by Step. Each Step by Step contains detailed instructions, numbered steps, instructive photos, and even how-to videos to help you master a recipe with ease.
* Embedded links: Curious about what “sous vide” is or where to find xanthan gum? Just tap to find out. Blue-and-white “poptips” provide instant definitions, and embedded web links send you directly to the right places to buy what you need.
* Share: Want to let your friends and family know what you’re about to make? Instantly post anything from inside the book to Facebook and Twitter, and they can access it right away!
* Search: Need to find something quickly? Search the book, your notes, and even Google and Wikipedia, while barely lifting a finger.
* Sync seamlessly: Easily sync between devices with your Inkling account. Add a recipe to your shopping list on your iPad, and then pull it up on your iPhone at the store.
What's New in Version 3.9.8
- Bug fixes
Good book, not a great app
Let's get the bad out of the way. Like many, I own many Apple devices, iPad pro, and each of the generation of iPad and mini, as well as iPhone 6s Plus. This app only allow you to use with 2 devices. You just spent $80 on an app/book and still treated like thief. That's how Microsoft treat their customers and why I don't own PCs.
I like this book. Lots of cool recipes. I do wish they would put more modern techniques like spherical, and gels. So far most of the recipes I tried works really well. Nathan really geeked it out with tips and tricks, I love it. I want more.
The book is cheap compares to equipments you "want" to get like, water circulation, combi oven, siphon canister, plus small utensils and gadgets. Sure you can Sou vide your meal in an ice cooler or in a pot but it's just a drag to maintain the precise temperature.
The good news is you can pick most up for much cheaper now since they are more widely available and competition brings down the price.
I love the convenience of the digital contents and would buy the big modernist cuisine version when available.
I hope that they would allow more devices download. I paid even more for movies, audio books, iBook than this apps and I'm able to put them in all my devices and view it at my convenient. I know they can do better, much better.
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Dec 01, 2015
- Version: 3.9.8
- Size: 1.50 GB
- Language: English
- Seller: Inkling Systems, Inc.
- © 2013 Inkling Systems, Inc, and The Cooking Lab
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.