MoDrum - Synthesis-based Drum Machine
By Markus Waldboth
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
A beat-making app that features real-time synthesis of drum sounds that range from TR-808 style to real. As a synth and not sampler, sound characteristics can be tweaked from authentic to affected.
MoDrum for iOS is a virtual analog drum machine with a 32-step grid sequencer, plenty of sound-sculpting parameters, a tempo-matching delay effect, dynamic compression, reverb processor, sophisticated MIDI support, audio looper, performance recorder, and more.
• 11 real time operating, sample-free percussion synthesis modules:
- Bass Drum: Tune, Pitch, Time, Harmonics, Click, Decay
- Snare Drum: Tune, Tone, Wood, Muffle, Decay
- Low Tom: Tune, Noise, Decay
- Mid Tom: Tune, Noise, Decay
- High Tom: Tune, Noise, Decay
- Rim Shot: Tune, Drive, Decay
- Hand Clap: Tone, Decay
- Cowbell: Tune, Decay
- Cymbal: Color, Tone, Peak, Decay
- Open Hi-hat: Tone, Peak, Hold, Decay
- Closed Hi-hat: Tone, Peak, Decay
• Programmable sequencer with 32 steps, global accent pattern, and rhythmic shuffle (swing).
• Built-in audio effects:
- Dotted eighth delay effect unit
- Hard knee dynamic range compressor
- Tube amp overdrive effect processor
- Low-cut equalizer
- Reverb processor
• Integrated looper for tempo-synchronous playback of backing tracks or sampled phrases.
• Performance recorder
• Play in time with Ableton Link
• Audiobus support, including state saving
• Inter-App Audio with timeline sync support in both node and host mode.
• Inter-app Audio effect slot (Main insert)
• WAVE file sharing via "Open In...", pasteboard, and iTunes File Sharing
• Background Audio with battery-saving Auto Standby
• MIDI Clock sync/generate
• MIDI Note in/out (GM drum mapping)
• Bundled several factory presets by Myagi and Sunsine Audio
• In-app pattern store
• Project file access through iTunes
• Universal support for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
What's New in Version 4.2.1
- Fixed a bug
- Ableton Link integration
- Added Bass Drum parameter "Harmonics"
- Added Snare Drum parameter "Wood"
- Added Low-Cut Equalizer
- Inter-app Audio effect slot (Main insert)
- Inter-app Audio host timeline sync
- MIDI Clock sync improvements
If you like MoDrum, please take the time to give us a nice review: it really helps.
Nicely designed, enjoy that it's a synth based app without a bunch of samples. Really wish it had MIDI file export though, that would make it perfect, and useful for work on the go.
Very nice drum machine!
Well supported over the years, additional IAP packs at very reasonable prices, and now wonderful with this dev's other apps automagically in sync thru Ableton Link! Highly recommended.
Excellent sounds and easy to use
Very nice app ! Very good sounds and a lot of midi settings to customize input and output. The step sequencer is very easy to use.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 22, 2015
- Version: 4.2.1
- Size: 5.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Markus Waldboth
- © 2010-2015 Markus Waldboth
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Myagi - Breaks Grooves$0.99
- Myagi - House Grooves$0.99
- Myagi - Distorted Grooves$0.99
- Sunsine Audio - Classic and Abstract Hip Hop$0.99
- New Wave Presets – Breakin' Beats$0.99
- Sunsine Audio - Breakbeat and D'n'B$0.99