You've discovered the fascinating art of Moku Hanga, the Japanese method of wood-block printing. Breathtaking landscapes, beautiful women, and busy cityscapes can be transformed into this exotic art known for flowing hand-chiseled outlines and brushed on color.
The Moku Hanga app, Moku the Japanese word for “wood” while hanga is known as “print”, allows you to create an artistic wood-block print from any picture or snapshot — no need for time consuming carving — the artists from JixiPix do all the work for you! With the power to fully customize your Moku Hanga, you can create a masterpiece artistic enough be part of printmaking history!
The outlines in Moku Hanga are extremely eye catching, replicating a hand chiseled relief-art. Using sliders found on the adjust tab you can control the smoothness, width and strength of the chiseled outline to fit your composition.
Presets are also available to give your project a quick start. Choose from a range of bold chisled outlines, and bright to subtle color combinations. If the preset colors chosen for your work are not to your liking, there is the option to alter your palette colors. Once the desired color is achieved complete your artwork with an artistic edge or paper. In printmaking the final image does rely on the choice of paper; whether it is kozo fibers or rice paper — this will add an artistic quaility to your print and complete your Moku Hanga.
Moku Hanga Features:
• Automatically create a work of art with the look of hand chiseled outlines and brushed on color, fully adjustable with simple sliders.
• Adjust the outline width, strength and how smooth or fluid your chiseled outline appears.
• Control the color in your artwork with saturation, strength and image color sliders.
• Choose between two printing styles: "Multi-Color" or "Multi-Block".
• The Multi-Color style uses all the original colors in your photo. By adjusting the "Image Color" slider you can reduce or add colors to your artwork giving it a variety of printed-styles, from a full-color block process to spot-color ones.
•The Multi-Block style uses 5 blocks of color pulled from your original image then divides the colors across your artwork giving the look of carving a separate woodblock for every color. The cool thing about this style is the ability to "Randomize Colors" throughout your artwork and the ability to replace any or all of these colors, using the full-spectrum color picker. You can achieve simple to exaggerated color results using this process.
• Works with Hi-Res images and saves Hi-Res for top-quality results
• Gets you started fast with a variety of presets
• Creates personal-favorite custom presets using the "Save Preset" menu
• Has the addictive JixiPix Randomizer – so much fun!
• Superior customer support and updates – we're committed to your long-term satisfaction
iOS 12 Support
Ratings and Reviews
Nice app with an original look
I use around 50 different photo apps and it seems that after a while so many filters seem to be duplicated in many apps. It isn't easy to find something that gives a photo a unique and original look. This filter is different. It may not work with every image but when it does, you get some incredible results. Experiment with different styles and adjustments and you'll have one of a kind images that look hand painted.
Try their Haiku app as well.
Of all the photo editing apps that I've tried, this one has, by far, the best graphic effects available. They are not your standard overlay filters; they are overlays on steroids! If you are a fan of Asían style art, you will love this app! I used 'random' repeatedly, just to get a feel of its capabilities, and was so impressed by how many very different looks were presented! And they look absolutely stunning! This will be my new favorite go-to for photo enhancements.
Seeing things in a new way
This is a great app for seeing your photos come alive with color blocking, line definition, cropping and more. Imagine changing the background paper that your image is sitting on. You can switch texture, color and depth to create as many different looks for your image with just one tool of this app! And this app has a huge tool box to enable your creativity to reach beyond your image. Let your eyes see the choices!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.