By JixiPix Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
You've discovered the fascinating art of Moku Hanga, the Japanese method of wood-block printing. Breathtaking landscapes, beautiful women, and busy cityscapes can be transformed into this exotic art known for flowing hand-chiseled outlines and brushed on color.
The Moku Hanga app, Moku the Japanese word for “wood” while hanga is known as “print”, allows you to create an artistic wood-block print from any picture or snapshot — no need for time consuming carving — the artists from JixiPix do all the work for you! With the power to fully customize your Moku Hanga, you can create a masterpiece artistic enough be part of printmaking history!
The outlines in Moku Hanga are extremely eye catching, replicating a hand chiseled relief-art. Using sliders found on the adjust tab you can control the smoothness, width and strength of the chiseled outline to fit your composition.
Presets are also available to give your project a quick start. Choose from a range of bold chisled outlines, and bright to subtle color combinations. If the preset colors chosen for your work are not to your liking, there is the option to alter your palette colors. Once the desired color is achieved complete your artwork with an artistic edge or paper. In printmaking the final image does rely on the choice of paper; whether it is kozo fibers or rice paper — this will add an artistic quaility to your print and complete your Moku Hanga.
Moku Hanga Features:
• Automatically create a work of art with the look of hand chiseled outlines and brushed on color, fully adjustable with simple sliders.
• Adjust the outline width, strength and how smooth or fluid your chiseled outline appears.
• Control the color in your artwork with saturation, strength and image color sliders.
• Choose between two printing styles: "Multi-Color" or "Multi-Block".
• The Multi-Color style uses all the original colors in your photo. By adjusting the "Image Color" slider you can reduce or add colors to your artwork giving it a variety of printed-styles, from a full-color block process to spot-color ones.
•The Multi-Block style uses 5 blocks of color pulled from your original image then divides the colors across your artwork giving the look of carving a separate woodblock for every color. The cool thing about this style is the ability to "Randomize Colors" throughout your artwork and the ability to replace any or all of these colors, using the full-spectrum color picker. You can achieve simple to exaggerated color results using this process.
• Works with Hi-Res images and saves Hi-Res for top-quality results
• Gets you started fast with a variety of presets
• Creates personal-favorite custom presets using the "Save Preset" menu
• Has the addictive JixiPix Randomizer – so much fun!
• Superior customer support and updates – we're committed to your long-term satisfaction
What's New in Version 1.28
All new sleek UI that is quick to get where you need, faster rendering, and iOS 9 support, Universal Binary
A "specialty" high class app
My Friends love their portraits done in Moku Hanga. Pets work well too. Kids love it. I recently entertained three children at a wedding by taking their photos and letting them edit those photos in Moku Hanga. Then we sent the final product to their parents.
Most fun app ever
Some of us don't even want to think about trying to learn how to paint masterpiece. So we take photos with our iPhone and import the image into a wonderful editing program. One of my favorite apps and I have several.
This is a genius app
I've been using this app for over a year, and I still find it fascinating and useful for my art. I love to watch the transformation of ordinary snap shots into unique, unusual images. I haven't run across another app even remotely similar.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Nov 07, 2015
- Version: 1.28
- Size: 69.4 MB
- Seller: JixiPix, LLC
- © JixiPix Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.