Named a Best Science App by Genetic Engineering News, Jan 2016
"The Molecule World app is a very nice molecule-viewing app that offers additional features not found in similar products."
–Genetic Engineering News
Created with funding from the National Science Foundation, and an Innovation Award from Shoreline Community College, Molecule World™ is the perfect tool for learning about molecules and their properties and the best tool for teachers who wish to use molecular and chemical modeling in class.
A user-friendly interface, gorgeous interactive molecules, and intuitive controls entice students and scientists to explore 3D chemicals, proteins, and DNA. Perfect for students, science lovers, and anyone who appreciates the science and art of molecular structures.
This easy to use app is appropriate for students of all ages, from middle school to graduate school and beyond.
Molecule World lets you:
– Interact with molecules to turn them around and change their size.
– Experiment with different drawing and coloring styles to discover chemical properties and sequence information.
– View the molecular sequences of protein, DNA, and RNA, and use the sequence to control the display.
– Identify different elements, investigate charge, residues, hydrophobicity, view secondary structure, individual chains, and position.
– Use rainbow coloring to visualize protein folding
– Capture images of structures for homework assignments or just for fun
– Select and highlight parts of a chain by the sequence or select residues by distance to identify binding sites
– investigate collections of molecules organized around a central theme, such as immunology or biofuels
Collections of molecules make it easier to design and carry out lessons with customized sets of chemicals and molecular structures.
Teaching activities from Digital World Biology LLC highlight different ways to use Molecule World and interesting topics to explore ranging from finding drugs to treat Zika virus to learning about genome editing tools like CRISPR and Cas.
Learn more about Molecule World and teaching activities that use bioinformatics and structural biology at:
If you like Molecule World, don't forget to rate it and leave a review.
Fixed hydrophobicity coloring for proline.
Ratings and Reviews
Wonderful App and Support
I need to evaluate HLA molecules. This requires downloading Rasmol script files. Sandra at Molecule World helped me to set this up. Great app with great support!
What a great app! Much better than previous versions I've had. My students love all the color options and rotation axes. Clearly highlights secondary structures, user friendly, educational and fun!
this app is one of the best of many similar ones. I use a number of sequencer programs, and this gives me a remarkable insight into the structures of these sequences
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.