By Moleskine Srl
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Your best ideas everywhere - Moleskine journals, re-imagined for limitless creativity, productivity and passion.
The look and feel are classic Moleskine; the digital capabilities are inspiring. Enjoy all the things you usually do with your Moleskine journals, and send your creations out into the world, page after page.
Created with input by a team of artists, designers and other Moleskine enthusiasts like you, the all-new digital Moleskine Journal features the attributes you cherish most in Moleskine tools: simplicity and elegance.
NEW: Traveller's and Recipe Passion Journals now join the previously available Wine Journal, creating a more complete series of your favorite Passion Journals, faithfully reproduced in digital format (in-app purchase, iPad version only).
Passion Journals appear in your Moleskine Journal library alongside your other journals. Once you purchase a Passion Journal directly off the shelf it becomes part of your library collection, letting you create unlimited editions of your favorite passions!
If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions, please feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries will be read and replied to. Thank you and we hope you enjoy this latest edition.
Moleskine Journal Features:
• Classic Moleskine style
• Signature Inner Pocket to store favorite images and text. Includes image import and access to the built-in camera
• Portrait and landscape modes, with double-spread view unique to Moleskine Journal
• Classic Moleskine paper selection—plain, ruled, squared—plus templates from the popular Weekly Planner, Storyboard Notebook
• Artist toolset (paintbrush, Moleskine pencil, Moleskine pen, highlighter), all with size control and full-spectrum color picker available on-the-fly
• Fully-featured color picker gives full artistic control, with value slide, opacity slide, custom swatch library and Moleskine’s ivory-color paper background for easier color selection
• Text tools for productivity and creativity with all iOS-available fonts, color picker, opacity and size control on-the-fly
• Classic Moleskine ribbon bookmark
• Multiple undo and redo
• Easy image import from your photo library or take new photos with the built-in camera
• Easy project sharing via email, Facebook and Twitter
• Easy sync to Evernote and backup to Dropbox
• Unlimited page-adding capability—never run out of room.
• View entire journal at once in an editable page thumbnails view
• Fully editable library in thumbnail and list mode
• Unlimited journal creation capability—make as many journals as you like!
• Intuitive Apple iOS gestures such as pinch and spread, 2-finger scroll and page flip
Enjoy your Moleskine Journal.
What's New in Version 2.1.2
New Feature: Support for Pencil by FiftyThree®.
Now you can use Pencil by FiftyThree in the Moleskine Journal and enjoy a new way of expressing yourself.
Drawing: Pencil is especially useful when selecting the Moleskine brush tool and moving the tip width selector to its smallest width setting - using this tool and width combination Pencil’s unique tip can create lines of various width simply by angling Pencil and drawing in broader strokes. This new integration provides a seamless and more creative control.
Eraser: Instead of selecting the eraser tool simply flip the Pencil and use the built-in eraser tip.
Pencil by FiftyThree - the perfect creative companion for your Moleskine Journal app.
Take My Advice
My advice to users:
It's best to avoid this app at this time unless you have extraordinary patience or are so die-hard a Moleskine fan that usability doesn't matter. It needs a lot of work and right now it doesn't look like Moleskine cares very much about it. Users have been crying for improvement since about 2012.
My advice to Moleskine:
Do what you did with your Timepage app: Collaborate with some skilled developers, create a killer app that knocks it out of the park, and put a price tag on it. The freemium model isn't working for you, because when it's free, you won't want to put in the time to improve it. Timepage, your paid app, is excellently done in both design and functionality. Imitate this with your other apps and people will throw money at you. And love.
Working for me
Perhaps its because I'm using an older iPad and my particular application for the app, but this latest version is the most stable and fun to use in quite some time. My Pencil also works nicely with it. While there are fancier, greater featured apps available, their value is still dependent upon their stability, ease of use, and my particular need. There is something good to be said for simplicity with reliability. — Your mileage may vary. • Thanks, Moleskine. I hope you continue supporting this app.
Moleskine needs to up their game
This Moleskine is a poor attempt by the company to offer digital writing needs. I do applaud their use of the stylus by 53 (called Pencil). But the result is terrible. When you look at competing apps, like Noteshelf, Goodnotes or other simple apps....Moleskine's user interface results in a very poor user experience. And now they are selling digital writing sets. If they can't get these apps fixed, I don't hold much hope for their digital writing set. No confidence at all! And their customer service is terrible! Also, why don't they offer support for Apple Pencil?!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 26, 2016
- Version: 2.1.2
- Size: 115 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Moleskine S.r.l.
- © 2016, Moleskine SpA
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Wine Journal$2.99
- Interactive Traveller's Journal$2.99
- Recipe Journal$2.99