Molten Drum Machine
By One Red Dog Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Great interface. Up and running in seconds. Intuitive, fun, musical and flexible." - Jordan Rudess
Molten is a powerful and intuitive tool for creating percussive sounds and rhythm sequences for the iPad.
Using a revolutionary approach to grid based pattern sequencing that divides time to instantly add tuplets and fills to your drum programming.
Built on a versatile synthesizer that allows you to play and process your own sound samples. The kits can be mangled, filtered and crushed using the multi-touch interface.
Load and store your patterns and share them with your friends. Export to a standard MIDI file and import into a professional digital audio workstation.
Connect to your Mac with CoreMIDI networking over Wi-Fi or USB with the Camera Connection Kit and transmit the sequence in real-time to your hardware.
Unleash the potential of your beats on the iPad.
- Multi-tasking and Background Audio
- Kymatica AudioShare export and import
- AudioCopy & AudioPaste between other apps
- Easily and quickly create rhythms with complex time signatures
- Intuitively divide a note into tuplets
- Sample based synthesis with user loadable samples
- Each pattern has 8 instrument tracks
- Global master effects processor including delay, reverb, EQ and compressor
- Share your pattern compositions as audio or MIDI files or transfer patterns between Molten users
- Connect to pro music equipment with MIDI CC and clock sync
- iRig MIDI compatible
- Molten cannot be used with iPhone and iPod touch
- USB MIDI requires the iPad Camera Connection Kit and a compatible USB MIDI interface, e.g. M-Audio Uno 1-in/1-out or ESI Midimate II
What's New in Version 1.3.2
Audiobus 2.2.1 for iOS 9
- AudioCopy 3.0
Fantastic App, needs a few things
Molten is one of my favorite drum machines. Pattern editing is pretty straight-forward, even for complex patterns. 1-4 pages, 1-4 beats per page, 1-9 subdivisions per beat (set independently per beat and per part). It is easy to adjust the velocity far each individual hit. The sound engine allows you to load user samples (no velocity switching). The edit knob is a little too sensitive so it is difficult to set it to a specific value (e.g., when setting the beat division). The synth engine needs a major overhaul but works for the basics. There isn’t a Song Mode (to string patterns together). Still, it is worth the price if you want more rhythmic capability than the DM-1, and the ability to load samples.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Sep 16, 2015
- Version: 1.3.2
- Size: 15.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: One Red Dog Media Pty Ltd
- © 2010 One Red Dog Media Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.