Moment – Screen Time Tracker
By Kevin Holesh
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Track how much you and your family use your phone and tablet each day, automatically
• See what apps you use the most too! Moment is the first and only app on the App Store to do this.
• Set daily limits on yourself and find a balance for the screens in your life.
• Monitor all of your family member’s screen time too.
- Look at your entire family’s day from the comfort of your own device.
• Start screen-free family dinner time, which means for the next 60 minutes, every time a person in your family picks up their phone or tablet, an annoying alert will go off and everyone will hear it. How embarrassing!
- You can decide how long each family dinner time will last.
- Everyone in your family can start family dinner time, including your children.
- Schedule it for the same time every day.
• Change a family member’s daily limit and force them to put down their phone when they’re over that limit.
• Tracks how much you use your phone or tablet automatically.
• Keeps track of what apps you use the most almost automatically (iPhone only).
• Trains you with the Coach to use your phone less, if that’s your goal.
• Logs how many times you pick up your phone each day.
• Force yourself off your device when you’re over your limit, and force your family members to do the same.
• Break down each day to see when you’re on your device and what apps you’re using.
• Tracks where you go each day, and have it plotted on a map.
• Invisible app. Once you set it up and as long as the app is running in the background, you never have to open it again.
• Choose from 6 relaxing reminder sounds and 6 intense sounds for your daily limit reminders.
• Quickly see how long you and your family have used your phone today.
- You’ll see a colorful icon for each one of your family members on your glance. Green means well under their daily limit, yellow means getting close, and red screams they went overboard.
• No, the app doesn’t track how long you spend looking at your watch.
Warning to parents: Moment is not strictly about parental control. Using Moment Family as a parent gives you certain powers, but your children have power too.
• If your daughter notices you on your phone while you’re supposed to be watching a family movie together, she can start family dinner time for the entire family until the movie is over. That means no one can pick up their phone, and you as the parent can’t turn that family dinner time off.
• Your entire family can see everyone else’s screen time for the day from the family scoreboard. You can see if your son is over his limit for the day, and he can see if you are over yours!
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Moment has been designed to use GPS sparingly.
What's New in Version 3.4.2
Fixes a crash on iOS 11. Sorry about that!
Excellent app for monitoring your screen time!
Recommended - I actually downloaded this app because of a recommendation from a guest on Colbert - and because I'm a big fan of the Note to Self podcast. I was so impressed after only a week's use that I upgraded to Premium - a very reasonable price for some very helpful features. It's a simple but powerful app that tells you at a glance how much and how often you pick up and use your devices - and which apps you spend (waste??) the most time on. The only clunky thing is the necessity to take screenshots of your Battery Use screen to track your apps - but the developer explains why this is. The developer provides an easy to understand and helpful user guide - rare in apps! He also appears to be responsive to users, though I haven't yet had to contact him.
Get this app while the price is still low!
This is an app that really should be provided by Apple itself. The limitations placed on app developers make it difficult to create a comprehensive app to track, limit, manage app usage. This author has found loopholes to “hack” a solution, but it’s not an easy/seamless user experience (because of the aforementioned limitations placed by Apple). I am not asking Apple lift these limitations. Rather, I’m asking Apple to buy out this app and integrate it with iOS in a way that helps people. We are moving into a world where everyone’s heads are down staring at their phones... constantly. I don’t think Steve jobs imagined this when he brought the modern smartphone to bare in 2007. Apple started this problem, it now bares the responsibility to help fix it.
This app sends out reminders which annoyingly interfere with my phone use, and have successfully resulted in the reduction of my screen time. I cannot say enough good things about the benefits I’ve gained from using this app. It is a wonderful tool, and I am so grateful to have discovered it. Thank you for creating this app.
My one regret is that I have no ability to delete anything from my history in the app. My reason for wanting to delete is that the first two weeks I was using a sleep app which stayed on all night long. This skewed my statistics, so that, for example, my “worst day“ report shows me using the home screen 10 hours. After I discovered how to track only certain hours, that was no longer a problem, but it’s still in my statistics.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Sep 23, 2017
- Version: 3.4.2
- Size: 97.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Kevin Holesh
- © Luna Bird LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Moment Premium$3.99
- 3 Months of Moment Family$14.99
- 12 Months of Moment Family$44.99
- Optional Coach Support$9.99
- 6 Months of Moment Family$26.99