Moment - Screen Time Tracker
By Kevin Holesh
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Track how much you and your family use your phone and tablet each day, automatically
• See what apps you use the most too! Moment is the first and only app on the App Store to do this.
• Set daily limits on yourself and find a balance for the screens in your life.
• Monitor all of your family member's screen time too.
- Look at your entire family's day from the comfort of your own device.
• Start screen-free family dinner time, which means for the next 60 minutes, every time a person in your family picks up their phone or tablet, an annoying alert will go off and everyone will hear it. How embarrassing!
- You can decide how long each family dinner time will last.
- Everyone in your family can start family dinner time, including your children.
- Schedule it for the same time every day.
• Change a family member's daily limit and force them to put down their phone when they're over that limit.
• Tracks how much you use your phone or tablet automatically.
• Keeps track of what apps you use the most almost automatically (iPhone only).
• Trains you with the Coach to use your phone less, if that's your goal.
• Logs how many times you pick up your phone each day.
• Force yourself off your device when you're over your limit, and force your family members to do the same.
• Break down each day to see when you're on your device and what apps you're using.
• Tracks where you go each day, and have it plotted on a map.
• Invisible app. Once you set it up and as long as the app is running in the background, you never have to open it again.
• Choose from 6 relaxing reminder sounds and 6 intense sounds for your daily limit reminders.
• Quickly see how long you and your family have used your phone today.
- You'll see a colorful icon for each one of your family members on your glance. Green means well under their daily limit, yellow means getting close, and red screams they went overboard.
• No, the app doesn't track how long you spend looking at your watch.
Warning to parents: Moment is not strictly about parental control. Using Moment Family as a parent gives you certain powers, but your children have power too.
• If your daughter notices you on your phone while you're supposed to be watching a family movie together, she can start family dinner time for the entire family until the movie is over. That means no one can pick up their phone, and you as the parent can't turn that family dinner time off.
• Your entire family can see everyone else's screen time for the day from the family scoreboard. You can see if your son is over his limit for the day, and he can see if you are over yours!
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Moment has been designed to use GPS sparingly.
What's New in Version 3.2.1
• Stability improvements. Moment does a better job of running in the background and automatically restarting.
• Improved error handling when something goes wrong with a Battery screenshot.
• Lots of little changes and bug fixes
If you've found Moment useful, it would be a huge favor to me if you rated the app in the App Store. You're so cool :-)
I sought out an app that could tell me how much I use my phone, specifically wanting something that could break down my phone usage per app. This one does exactly that, and it's streamlined and easy to use. It's also free. I've been using it for over a week now, and it tells me how much I've been using my phone compared to the day before. If I want to set goals for myself, where Moment will alert me when I need to stop using my phone I can get the $3.99 upgrade which features a "Bootcamp" that will help you use your phone less. After getting the results of my first week, I'm definitely going to upgrade. I knew I needed help with my phone usage, but I didn't expect it to be this scary. The first step to recovery is acceptance. And Moment is a powerful tool that will help restore some sanity.
One of the upgraded features is to leave an app out of the usage results. For instance, since I read books on my phone and it's a productive use, I'd like to have Moment subtract that from my daily usage. I'll probably upgrade mainly for this feature.
I've been amazed at the amount of time I spend mindlessly skimming through my phone. I had an inkling it was posing a serious distraction to my life, but I had no idea what the extent was. I love seeing my usage average fall each week as I wean myself off it. Much like a diet, on days I splurge, I have to forgive myself and move on. I also love that it checks in every 20 mins to update me on stats if I am on the phone. Thank you so much for making this app!
My one piece of constructive feedback is I would offer a way to not include phone calls in the daily usage calculations. Maybe the feature is in the settings and I haven't been able to find it, but I use my phone for both work and personal calls which will artificially increase my phone usage stats. If I talk to my mother on the way to work for an hour and then have an hour long conference call at work, well that would immediately increase my usage time.
Great app. Really gets you to reflect on your phone usage.
I wanted an app that tracked the apps I use the most. I wanted to arrange my apps by how frequently I use them. Moment showed me which apps I use most frequently, and brought attention to how often I use my phone. I didn't realize how much time I spent picking up my phone. It's like snacking or drinking. You think just a little here and there is fine. Until you see the accumulated result! Well, I was assuredly able to make some adjustments to my "phone lifestyle," like setting it down for a half-hour, or leaving it in another room for a night. Not impossible tasks. Moment made it easy to keep track. 5 stars, easy.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: May 30, 2017
- Version: 3.2.1
- Size: 86.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Kevin Holesh
- © Luna Bird LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Features$3.99
- 3 Months of Moment Family$14.99
- 12 Months of Moment Family$44.99
- Optional Coach Support$9.99
- 6 Months of Moment Family$26.99