Moment - Track how much you and your family use your phone
By Kevin Holesh
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Track how much you and your family use your iPhone and iPad each day, automatically
• Set daily limits on it and find a balance for the screens in your life
• Monitor all of your family member's screen time too.
- Look at your entire family's day from the comfort of your own device.
• Start screen-free family dinner time, which means for the next 60 minutes, every time a person in your family picks up their iPhone or iPad, an annoying alert will go off and everyone will hear it. How embarrassing!
- You can decide how long each family dinner time will last.
- Everyone in your family can start family dinner time, including your children.
- Schedule it for the same time every day.
• Change a family member's daily limit and force them to put down their phone when they're over that limit.
What the app does
• Tracks how much you use your iPhone or iPad automatically.
• Tracks how many times you pick up your iPhone each day.
• Force yourself off your device when you're over your limit, and force your family members to do the same.
• Break down each day to see when you're on your device.
• Tracks where you go each day, and have it plotted on a map.
• Invisible app. Once you set it up and as long as the app is running in the background, you never have to open it again.
• Choose from 6 relaxing reminder sounds and 6 intense sounds for your daily limit reminders.
• Quickly see how long you and your family have used your phone today.
- You'll see a colorful icon for each one of your family members on your glance. Green means well under their daily limit, yellow means getting close, and red screams they went overboard.
• No, the app doesn't track how long you spend looking at your watch.
Warning to parents: Moment is not strictly about parental control. Using Moment Family as a parent gives you certain powers, but your children have power too.
• If your daughter notices you on your phone while you're supposed to be watching a family movie together, she can start family dinner time for the entire family until the movie is over. That means no one can pick up their phone, and you as the parent can't turn that family dinner time off.
• Your entire family can see everyone else's phone use for the day from the family scoreboard. You can see if your son is over his limit for the day, and he can see if you are over yours!
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Moment has been designed to use GPS sparingly. Moment will automatically stop using GPS when your battery gets too low.
What's New in Version 2.5.3
• More battery improvements
• Fixed a bug that would cause the app to crash
You would be my new best friend if you rated the app in the App Store. Thanks!
Battery Killer, good app
Honest Review Time
I downloaded this app for two reasons. First, I wanted to check how often I used my phone while at work. Second, as a secondary security measure to see if anyone accessed my phone while away from it.
Moments is good at keeping track of picking up & how long you spend. You can definitely see the days that you're working vs. not working based on usage.
Good at what it says it does.
-I never upgraded, but I bet it would've had even cooler features.
Battery killing & destroying app.
-The review it lists in its own app of battery power is a lie. I noticed my battery dying quicker a couple days in. Today I was barely on my phone but noticed I was at 18%. Checked the battery usage data (iOS9.3.1) & noticed that the top app for battery draining was Moments at a whopping 16% in 24 hours in Background Usage.
Since noticing, I have uninstalled the app. I hope this serves as a warning to potential users.
Based on what it says it does, I would give it 4.5 stars. The fact it killed my battery I'd give it 0.5 stars. I rounded down on my rating to 2.0 stars to not accidentally give someone the impression it was Fair.
Hope this helps someone!
Really great app that lets you know how much and when you're using your phone. Pretty awesome to see how much my face is actually in this little blue screen and what I can do to change that. Apple's limitations don't let you see how much you're using each app, but that's ok. When I see a big chunk of time, I know it is Bejeweled! Also, taking a couple apps off my phone really helped me spend less time on my phone. This app has improved my use of my phone to be more productive and waste less time with silly games.
I'm so glad I got this app. So useful and really good for helping me get off my phone and "be in the moment" more often. I've had this for a long time and still really enjoy it. I agree with the other reviewer who said the analytics may need improving. Exporting them would be nice so I can compare my phone use from certain periods of time to others and see when I use my phone more and less. If there were more stars I would give it to this app. Gems like these are rare on the App Store. Great work, developers!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Mar 16, 2016
- Version: 2.5.3
- Size: 14.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Kevin Holesh
- © Luna Bird LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Features$4.99
- 3 Months of Moment Family$14.99
- 12 Months of Moment Family$44.99
- 6 Months of Moment Family$26.99