Moment – Screen Time Tracker
By Kevin Holesh
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Track how much you and your family use your phone and tablet each day, automatically
• See what apps you use the most too! Moment is the first and only app on the App Store to do this.
• Set daily limits on yourself and find a balance for the screens in your life.
• Monitor all of your family member’s screen time too.
- Look at your entire family’s day from the comfort of your own device.
• Start screen-free family dinner time, which means for the next 60 minutes, every time a person in your family picks up their phone or tablet, an annoying alert will go off and everyone will hear it. How embarrassing!
- You can decide how long each family dinner time will last.
- Everyone in your family can start family dinner time, including your children.
- Schedule it for the same time every day.
• Change a family member’s daily limit and force them to put down their phone when they’re over that limit.
• Tracks how much you use your phone or tablet automatically.
• Keeps track of what apps you use the most almost automatically (iPhone only).
• Trains you with the Coach to use your phone less, if that’s your goal.
• Logs how many times you pick up your phone each day.
• Force yourself off your device when you’re over your limit, and force your family members to do the same.
• Break down each day to see when you’re on your device and what apps you’re using.
• Tracks where you go each day, and have it plotted on a map.
• Invisible app. Once you set it up and as long as the app is running in the background, you never have to open it again.
• Choose from 6 relaxing reminder sounds and 6 intense sounds for your daily limit reminders.
• Quickly see how long you and your family have used your phone today.
- You’ll see a colorful icon for each one of your family members on your glance. Green means well under their daily limit, yellow means getting close, and red screams they went overboard.
• No, the app doesn’t track how long you spend looking at your watch.
Warning to parents: Moment is not strictly about parental control. Using Moment Family as a parent gives you certain powers, but your children have power too.
• If your daughter notices you on your phone while you’re supposed to be watching a family movie together, she can start family dinner time for the entire family until the movie is over. That means no one can pick up their phone, and you as the parent can’t turn that family dinner time off.
• Your entire family can see everyone else’s screen time for the day from the family scoreboard. You can see if your son is over his limit for the day, and he can see if you are over yours!
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Moment has been designed to use GPS sparingly.
What's New in Version 3.3
• Screen time tracking now works in Airplane Mode
• Plays annoying audio when you’re over your limit
• Tap and drag on an Insight graph to view the exact stats from that day
- Adds haptic feedback throughout the app
- “Pro Features” are now called “Moment Premium”
- Getting Started guide
- Properly ignores certain apps from your Insights
- Adds an “Other” gender and lets you pick your preferred gender pronoun
- Fixes bugs and crashes
If you've found Moment helpful, or think it will be for your family, you can help support it by rating it in the App Store. Enjoy the moment :-)
Worth trying. Works where it counts.
I've known about this app for a few years but had read that it had some issues because of the workarounds it employs. Apple certainly doesn't make it easy for an app like this to work properly and I applaud the developers for what they have done. After my phone use became a problem I downloaded the app. I've been very happy with its features and functionality. It has helped me use my phone less. I've found the daily tracking to be helpful, especially the 15 minute reminders and the optional screen free time. The screen free time function is incredibly annoying in a very helpful way. It is painful to use your phone during the time you selected. This is what I needed! I will continue to use the app. I haven't encountered battery problems on my iPhone 7. I'm happy that it has helped me reduce my phone time.
This app is great! I usually never upgrade to premium features in any apps but I did on this one and I do not regret it! But the great thing about this is that the free version is so helpful as well and it is such an interesting app. The boot camp it offers is one of a kind and it has definitely helped me waste less time on my phone. In that sense, now I am more aware of how long I spend on my phone which helps me want to turn it off after I have been on for a while at a time. I recommend this to anyone who is looking to see how long the spend on their phone a day, how many times you "pick up" your phone (turning it on and using it), or if you are looking for a great incentive to use your phone less.
Not useful as a real time tracker
Since this tracker can't exclude apps in real time you'll reach your daily limit, say, on your commute home using google maps or during phone calls. Moment will only exclude apps on the following day after you've been prompted to take a photo of your battery/app usage in settings (which you have to do to get real data 😢). Only at that point will you know how much you used your phone on those life-sucking apps like Facebook, Instagram, etc.
If you plan to use this app for general screen time usage, you might find it useful. For me, it's merely an app to track yesterday's screen time.
*Note: the coaching function is not worth an extra $9.99. It's basically just a checklist with reports.
Great User interface. I really love the simplicity of the app, especially the Insights screen. Conceptually, the tiny reminders, daily limit and app use detection are well designed and I have to believe that their issues are due to limitations in iOS. Given the right access to other apps in the phone this app could be great.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jul 13, 2017
- Version: 3.3
- Size: 87.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Kevin Holesh
- © Luna Bird LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Moment Premium$3.99
- 3 Months of Moment Family$14.99
- 12 Months of Moment Family$44.99
- Optional Coach Support$9.99
- 6 Months of Moment Family$26.99