Moment - Screen Time Tracker
By Kevin Holesh
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Track how much you and your family use your phone and tablet each day, automatically
• See what apps you use the most too! Moment is the first and only app on the App Store to do this.
• Set daily limits on yourself and find a balance for the screens in your life.
• Monitor all of your family member's screen time too.
- Look at your entire family's day from the comfort of your own device.
• Start screen-free family dinner time, which means for the next 60 minutes, every time a person in your family picks up their phone or tablet, an annoying alert will go off and everyone will hear it. How embarrassing!
- You can decide how long each family dinner time will last.
- Everyone in your family can start family dinner time, including your children.
- Schedule it for the same time every day.
• Change a family member's daily limit and force them to put down their phone when they're over that limit.
• Tracks how much you use your phone or tablet automatically.
• Keeps track of what apps you use the most almost automatically (iPhone only).
• Trains you with the Coach to use your phone less, if that's your goal.
• Logs how many times you pick up your phone each day.
• Force yourself off your device when you're over your limit, and force your family members to do the same.
• Break down each day to see when you're on your device and what apps you're using.
• Tracks where you go each day, and have it plotted on a map.
• Invisible app. Once you set it up and as long as the app is running in the background, you never have to open it again.
• Choose from 6 relaxing reminder sounds and 6 intense sounds for your daily limit reminders.
• Quickly see how long you and your family have used your phone today.
- You'll see a colorful icon for each one of your family members on your glance. Green means well under their daily limit, yellow means getting close, and red screams they went overboard.
• No, the app doesn't track how long you spend looking at your watch.
Warning to parents: Moment is not strictly about parental control. Using Moment Family as a parent gives you certain powers, but your children have power too.
• If your daughter notices you on your phone while you're supposed to be watching a family movie together, she can start family dinner time for the entire family until the movie is over. That means no one can pick up their phone, and you as the parent can't turn that family dinner time off.
• Your entire family can see everyone else's screen time for the day from the family scoreboard. You can see if your son is over his limit for the day, and he can see if you are over yours!
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Moment has been designed to use GPS sparingly.
What's New in Version 3.2
Introducing Insights - Dive deeper into your screen time to spot trends. Screen time, pickups, most used apps: it's all there on pretty graphs. I even added a stat you're going to love to hate: what % of your waking life you spend on your phone. So far, the average across every Moment user is 20.8% of your day on your phone. How do you think you compare?
• Improves tracking accuracy
• Easier to take your Battery screenshots
• Lots of bug fixes
If you've found Moment helpful, or think it will be for your family, you can help support it by rating it in the App Store. Enjoy the moment :-)
Time (and money) well spent
What gets measured, gets managed is a truism that you will fully realize through this app. It's astounding the amount of time and attention I give my phone and this app's impact was near immediate reducing my daily use by over 30% in the first two weeks and getting me much more focused and conscious about where I spend my time and attention. The app tracking continues to improve and I love the insights that keep my progress in perspective (I'm still spending a quarter of my waking hours on the phone!!!) - although I miss seeing more granular app details and how I compare to other users which seemed to have disappeared in the latest update. The developer is super responsive and always pushing useful updates!
I wouldn't have found this app without Carl Newport emphasizing the value of Deep Work and Tristan Harris creating Time Well Spent to highlight Moment's ethical, life enhancing design.
Kevin Holesh you're doing incredibly important work!
Love this app!
The new update for reminding me to take a battery screenshot makes it so much easier to actually do. Well done!
One improvement I would suggest though is that the sleep hours feature doesn't very accurately estimate how much I actually sleep. Not that this app's purpose is to track your sleep but it would be far more accurate if it can integrate with the health app and access data from it or third party apps like Sleep Cycle. This probably doesn't affect a lot of people, but I charge my phone -usually on airplane mode- before I sleep and after I wake up, skewing the results a few hours. I certainly don't get 8-9 hours on a typical day.
Thanks for helping me take back some of my life!
A sign that tech use can be more conscious
As someone who saw the signs of technology gradually mastering our attention this attention economy, and who struggled with loving tech and being a "Skep-tech" concerned about tech taking over our lives, I'm so encouraged to see apps like this and companies like "Time Well Spent" rising up.
I started a series of workshops about a decade ago called "Soultech" that received a lot of media attention (Today Show, PBS Mediashift, etc.) as it was hitting a public nerve. My story is too long to get into hear, but I'll just say that I felt alone and discouraged in my stance of "not either/or" but "both/and" and that tech is not neutral because humans are not neutral, we are angel-beasts and can also be manipulated by market pressures and greed.
In short, tech needs to be designed that helps support our deepest goals and values, not just our brain-manipulated impulses.
I see a bright future of intelligent machines with more deeply humans values embedded in their structure, as well as of a more conscious relationship with how we use technology.
Thanks for an app that courageously helps with this goal.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Apr 30, 2017
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 87.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Kevin Holesh
- © Luna Bird LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Features$3.99
- 3 Months of Moment Family$14.99
- 12 Months of Moment Family$44.99
- Optional Coach Support$9.99
- 6 Months of Moment Family$26.99