Moment - Track how much you and your family use your phone
By Kevin Holesh
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Track how much you and your family use your phone and tablet each day, automatically
• See what apps you use the most too! Moment is the first and only app on the App Store to do this.
• Set daily limits on yourself and find a balance for the screens in your life.
• Monitor all of your family member's screen time too.
- Look at your entire family's day from the comfort of your own device.
• Start screen-free family dinner time, which means for the next 60 minutes, every time a person in your family picks up their phone or tablet, an annoying alert will go off and everyone will hear it. How embarrassing!
- You can decide how long each family dinner time will last.
- Everyone in your family can start family dinner time, including your children.
- Schedule it for the same time every day.
• Change a family member's daily limit and force them to put down their phone when they're over that limit.
• Tracks how much you use your phone or tablet automatically.
• Keeps track of what apps you use the most almost automatically.
• Trains you with the Coach to use your phone less, if that's your goal.
• Logs how many times you pick up your phone each day.
• Force yourself off your device when you're over your limit, and force your family members to do the same.
• Break down each day to see when you're on your device and what apps you're using.
• Tracks where you go each day, and have it plotted on a map.
• Invisible app. Once you set it up and as long as the app is running in the background, you never have to open it again.
• Choose from 6 relaxing reminder sounds and 6 intense sounds for your daily limit reminders.
• Quickly see how long you and your family have used your phone today.
- You'll see a colorful icon for each one of your family members on your glance. Green means well under their daily limit, yellow means getting close, and red screams they went overboard.
• No, the app doesn't track how long you spend looking at your watch.
Warning to parents: Moment is not strictly about parental control. Using Moment Family as a parent gives you certain powers, but your children have power too.
• If your daughter notices you on your phone while you're supposed to be watching a family movie together, she can start family dinner time for the entire family until the movie is over. That means no one can pick up their phone, and you as the parent can't turn that family dinner time off.
• Your entire family can see everyone else's phone use for the day from the family scoreboard. You can see if your son is over his limit for the day, and he can see if you are over yours!
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Moment has been designed to use GPS sparingly.
What's New in Version 3.0
Moment 3 is here!
• App Tracking - Moment now keeps track of what apps you use the most on your phone almost automatically. This has been my #1 most requested feature and it is finally here! Yayyyy!
• Coach - Moment can teach you to use your phone less if that's your goal. To start out, the Coach has a 14-day Phone Bootcamp course to help you rethink your relationship with your phone, one day at a time. In the morning, you'll get a fun and somewhat difficult exercise for the day, something like "Don't use your phone in the bathroom today." This is a new pro feature.
• Redesigned settings screen - This was long overdue. I reorganized all of the settings to make everything easier to understand. I added pretty icons too.
• Added a What's New screen. I'll keep you up-to-date on the biggest changes when you launch the app for the first time.
• Added two new stats: How often you pick up your phone and what percentage of your waking life you spend on your phone. I pick up my phone every 26 minutes and spend 6% of my waking life on it.
• You can now access the stats page if you've used the app for two weeks. Previously, it was limited to two months.
• Added new screenshots to the Pro Features pitch screen.
• Displaying better warnings if Moment isn't set up properly.
• Using the word "phone" and "tablet" now.
• Minor battery improvements.
• Improved VoiceOver support throughout.
• Removed the "quick pause" button on the main screen. If you want Moment to stop tracking your phone use for a while, go to the settings screen > Phone Use Detection and turn that switch off.
If you've found Moment helpful, you can help support it by rating this new version in the App Store. Thanks! Enjoy the moment :-)
Hands Down, One Of The Best Apps Out There
I've tried many different ways to try and monitor/manage the time I spend on my phone. I tried similar apps, set alarms to remind me to stay off my phone during free hours, "forgotten" my phone in an attempt to ween myself off of relying on it, and even asked friends and coworkers to tell me to be present if I'm spending too much time on my screen. Thankfully, I stumbled across this super simple app that does all those things and more! I could not be happier. I may not have lowered my phone usage as much as planned, but the fact that I now know exactly how much time I'm spending, allows me to continually readjust my habits to better a lifestyle of being present. Thank you! It's 5 stars from me.
Handy, great, necessary
I usually don't write reviews but I've had moment since last September and it has been great. It has kept track of all the hours I spent on my phone (average of more than 3 hours a day). Great evidence to show that a change was needed and it allowed me to download the data and alter my behavior and experiment so that I can be better. I emailed the developer and he is great, super responsive and supportive and his updates have been marvelous. Furthermore, there are different offers to help with time management.... Bottom line, this app convinced this cynic to write a positive review. At least try it out and check it out. High likelihood you'll like it
A must have app!
I have been using this app for about a month and absolutely love it. The two extra new features that track which apps you were using and the 14 day Boot Camp look really interesting and make me love this app even more. When you use Moment with its sister application Driving, you remember that it's much safer to drive without ever looking at your phone. This should be a basic app included in every person's iPhone when they buy it!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jul 12, 2016
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 41.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Kevin Holesh
- © Luna Bird LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Features$4.99
- 3 Months of Moment Family$14.99
- 12 Months of Moment Family$44.99
- Optional Coach Support$9.99
- 6 Months of Moment Family$26.99