Moment - Track how much you and your family use your phone
By Kevin Holesh
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Track how much you and your family use your iPhone and iPad each day, automatically
• Set daily limits on it and find a balance for the screens in your life
Now on the Apple Watch
• Quickly see how long you and your family have used your phone today.
- You'll see a colorful icon for each one of your family members on your glance. Green means well under their daily limit, yellow means getting close, and red screams they went overboard.
• No, the app doesn't track how long you spend looking at your watch.
• Monitor all of your family member's screen time too.
- Look at your entire family's day from the comfort of your own device.
• Start screen-free family dinner time, which means for the next 60 minutes, every time a person in your family picks up their iPhone or iPad, an annoying alert will go off and everyone will hear it. How embarrassing!
- You can decide how long each family dinner time will last.
- Everyone in your family can start family dinner time, including your children.
- Schedule it for the same time every day.
• Change a family member's daily limit and force them to put down their phone when they're over that limit.
What the app does
• Tracks how much you use your iPhone or iPad automatically.
• Tracks how many times you pick up your iPhone each day.
• Force yourself off your device when you're over your limit, and force your family members to do the same.
• Break down each day to see when you're on your device.
• Tracks where you go each day, and have it plotted on a map.
• Invisible app. Once you set it up and as long as the app is running in the background, you never have to open it again.
• Choose from 6 relaxing reminder sounds and 6 intense sounds for your daily limit reminders.
Warning to parents: Moment is not strictly about parental control. Using Moment Family as a parent gives you certain powers, but your children have power too.
• If your daughter notices you on your phone while you're supposed to be watching a family movie together, she can start family dinner time for the entire family until the movie is over. That means no one can pick up their phone, and you as the parent can't turn that family dinner time off.
• Your entire family can see everyone else's phone use for the day from the family scoreboard. You can see if your son is over his limit for the day, and he can see if you are over yours!
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Moment has been designed to use GPS sparingly. Moment will automatically stop using GPS when your battery gets too low.
What's New in Version 2.4
• Various improvements for iOS 9.
• Updates watch app to watchOS 2.
• Completely gets rid of Helvetica Neue in favor of San Francisco. Sorry Helvetica, my dear old friend!
• Fixes a bug with how your overall average phone use was calculated.
Little bug fixes here and there.
If you've found Moment helpful, or think it will be for your family, you can help support it by rating it in the App Store. Enjoy the moment :-D
Goodbye, Battery Life!
First, hats off because tracking how long someone uses their phone is an original idea and a great productivity app for my fellow procrastinators.
A few small problems: annoying ads (but hey, everyone has to eat) and many false positives -- notice, even in this version, the app still picks up "background usage" by other apps as time YOU spent on your phone.
All that aside, there is one absolutely UNBEARABLE PROBLEM: THIS APP DESTROYS BATTERY LIFE. True, you can turn off background activity and dave your data, but thats basically like say g you can fix be problem by deleting the app! This app runs lives and breathes on tracking iPhone usage in the background, so it it should be able serve its primary purpose well. The issue is that my battery statistics show moment as an absolute battery hog, taking no less than 38% on average during the last 10 charge cycles. So please don't call me a hater; the app is to blame.
Finally, an app for that
There is finally an app for the problem afflicting many young people, including myself, too much screen time. It's great that I can now truly track how much time I am wasting.
Couple of suggestions: being able to edit the log. I don't want to track use when I'm driving (using GPS), but I sometimes forget to turn tracking off. Also, I would like to be able to add detail to the log, like how much time was spent on a particular app (i.e. Was I being productive or playing games).
Read before you review people
A lot of the issues people are complaining about in reviews below are totally fixable and are explained on the app's website(both why the app is doing what it's doing and how you can fix or work around whatever issue you might be having-battery life for example)
The App (free version) does what it's supposed to do and I think it's a very helpful tool for anyone looking to understand their cell phone habits.
What's even more impressive is that the app's creator gives you his personal email address in case you have any additional questions after reading the extremely helpful and thorough information on the website.
I had a question and Kevin responded the next business day. Very professional, personalized help. I'm happy with the download and totally recommend!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Oct 09, 2015
- Version: 2.4
- Size: 5.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Kevin Holesh
- © Luna Bird LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlock Everything$4.99
- 3 Months of Moment Family$14.99
- 12 Months of Moment Family$44.99
- 6 Months of Moment Family$26.99