Monarch SOS is a field guide and citizen science reporting app created by Naturedigger, LLC in cooperation with the Monarch Joint Venture (MJV). It is the first monarch app developed by scientists that covers monarch identification in all life cycle stages, confusing look-alikes and numerous milkweed species (monarchs' larval host plants), frequently encountered in North America.
The public can now participate in data collection for monarch research and do their part to conserve this iconic species.
Veterans of monarch research and conservation have contributed their expertise to Monarch SOS to make it a useful tool for monarch conservation. With guidance from the MJV and their citizen science partners, Monarch SOS is a valuable tool for collecting accurate data, which will increase the understanding of monarch butterflies with the help of citizen scientists.
If viceroy and queen butterflies confuse you, quickly learn the differences in the "Compare" section under each butterfly. Keep up with the latest information on monarch conservation efforts and migration news by checking in daily with What's New? The feed is updated every time you open the app, so you'll always be in the loop!
• iOS 11 update
• New monarch gallery photos
• Updated and added new "At a Glance" slides including monarch larva hatching and molting and butterfly eclosing
• Separated program and reporting sections
• Added report icons
• Separated "look-alikes" section and added to main navigation page
• Added Support Monarch SOS section to slide out menu
• Updated How to Use this App in slide out menu
Ratings and Reviews
Love this app!
I'm so thrilled that I can now do my data sheets for Southwest Monarch Study and upload photos and weather data all in one place!!
Congrats, and thanks for helping the Monarchs via technology!
What a great all around app for monarchs!!
- Naturedigger LLC
- 193.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright (c) 2015, 2017, Naturedigger, LLC. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.