Money Up! - Build Life Skills
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Looking for an ACCESSIBLE app to teach or reinforce how to use money in real life situations? Money Up is the perfect app for children learning to handle money, kids, teens and adults with developmental disabilities as well as for therapists who work with stroke survivors, those in the early stages of Alzheimer’s, and more.
Money Up was designed by teachers and therapists as a way for people to practice working out how much money they have, if they have enough to purchase the items they need and how much money to give a cashier, all without requiring them to count change. The app’s goal is to help children, teens and adults to acquire or maintain a life skill they need in order to foster independence.
The app currently supports the following currencies:
• Australian dollar
• Canadian dollar
• U.S. dollar
• British Pound
• New Zealand dollar
• Singaporean dollar
In addition to teaching the ‘Dollar Up’ technique, seven games provide the user with practice using it in the following situations:
• Identifying notes and coins
• How much to pay when shown a price total
• How much to pay when told a price total
• Checking how much money they have
• Working out how much money to hand over
• Paying for items
• Calculating if they have enough money to pay for items
For those who plan to use Money Up in an educational or therapeutic context, we have included many desirable features in the app including:
• Supports iPad Accessibility!
• Support for multiple students or clients
• The ability to customize the app to suit each user’s needs
• Data tracking, including reports that can be shared via email
• For children (or adults!) who want or need a fun break there are two mini games included in the app
• Support for students who's vision is impaired, through the use of high contrast backgrounds (selectable for each student).
• A complete grocery list editor. Choose your own groceries that suit your school.
• Add groceries from the camera roll, or the web via a paste operation.
• Add groceries using the built-in iPad camera.
• Five friendly characters with which to interact!
• Support for both English and Spanish languages
All aspects of Money Up have been designed to make it as accessible as possible and initial feedback from parents, teachers and therapists has been extremely positive:
"The lesson content is the important thing. It really has been useful for us. One student on the money program went from getting nowhere to almost mastering it in a fortnight, and when I asked her, she had been playing it in her free time."
"My [autistic] 16 year old just learned the method in 2 goes. I'm showing his teacher next week!!"
"Smooth design, no glitching, no need for a manual as I was able to get it started and working with the kids in minutes."
Rated at 4.5 Stars by The iMums who think that "Money Up! is a valuable tool to have for those who want to teach their student the dollar up method and help them become more independent".
Rated at 5 Stars by Bridging Apps: "This is a solid and very well thought out app that provides a clean interface, structured/predictable pace, and consistent appearance and feedback with limited distractions, that is very important to students with special needs."
Certified by Teachers with Apps:
KNOW WHAT'S INSIDE
As a Know What's Inside member, we follow the
"Know what's inside" best practices for kids' apps
At PKCLsoft we value your feedback so please email any comments or questions about Money Up to email@example.com
What's New in Version 3.4
Updated for iOS 11 and the iPhone X
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 13, 2017
- Version: 3.4
- Size: 125 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Peter Easdown
- © PKCLsoft
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.