Money by Jumsoft
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
*** Limited-time offer: 75% off! ***
Money by Jumsoft presents a powerful, comprehensive, and intuitive system designed to help you keep control of your financial life. Oversee your account balances, track your income and spending, keep budgets, and have your data synced among your Mac, iPhone, and iPad via Dropbox. Do it all in a straightforward and stylish interface.
Convenient income and expense tracking
• Multiple types of accounts (bank, cash, investment, etc.)
• Multi-currency support
• Reconciliation of accounts and individual transactions
• Straightforward way of managing categories and payees
• Enter transactions by category or payee
• Print checks
• Transfer and split payments
• Make notes and add attachments
• Various options for sorting, labeling, and searching
• List and grid views
Easy budget planning
• Multiple budget capability
• Various budget periods, including one-time budgets
• Average spending amounts to help set realistic budget limits
• Progress bars for each budget category
• Color indications and alerts for low and exhausted budgets
• Recurring budgets
• Advance planning of expenses, income, and transfers
• Handle recurring transactions, such as utility bills
• Reminders about pending scheduled transactions
• Automatic payment capability
• Multiple report types
• Easily changeable report parameters
• Various options for report customization
• Pie and bar charts
• Printing and emailing capabilities
• Investment accounts
• Portfolio feature allows following all investment accounts
• Charts depicting history of portfolio and individual stocks
• Automatically updated tables of top gainers and losers in the market, major world indices, and currency rate fluctuations
Cloud storage and syncing
• Document storage on Dropbox
• Syncing with Money for iPhone and iPad (requires iOS 6 or later)
More handy features
• Multiple-user capability
• Password protection
• Streamlined interface
What's New in Version 4.5.4
• Fixed bugs in balance calculation
• Fixed issue with the category and payee choosers in the import window
• Other minor improvements and fixes
Probably the best current finance app
Like a lot of reviewers for previous versions here, I was looking for a OS X-compatible replacement for Quicken. Money by Jumsoft gives you that for sure, together with the Dropbox-syncable complementary apps for iOS. Syncing among the three apps has been really good since the last update (admittedly, there’d been a few hiccups before). There is not quite the number of features that Quicken has, but as a tradeoff you get polished interface and great usability.
Minor quibble, the report design could be better. It takes a while to get used to the horizontal layout, and easier navigation would be a plus.
Good, solid, with 2 reservations . . .
This is the same review I posted for an earlier version, and the things that ‘bother’ me are still here.
"Really, I like the software; it feels good and is easy to use.
But . . .
Having to select the date and then the “Next Transaction Number” is for me an inconvenience; if some users want to do this manually, OK, but there should (at least) be an option to have both of these automatic.
And . . .
Exporting data to do more extensive reporting is prohibitively cumbersome.
Nevertheless I’ll stick with the app for now . . . "
Amazing finance app
Great for tracking expenses, great for budgeting, it has a very straightforward interface and looks good. I personally prefer entering most expenses on my iPhone, syncing with the desktop app and later checking the budget and running a couple of reports to get the full view. Fair to say Money is doing an excellent job in terms of these functionalities.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Feb 07, 2014
- Version: 4.5.4
- Size: 18.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian
- Seller: Jumsoft
- © Jumsoft
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor