Money by Jumsoft
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Money by Jumsoft presents a powerful, comprehensive, and intuitive system designed to help you keep control of your financial life. Oversee your account balances, track your income and spending, keep budgets, and have your data synced among your Mac, iPhone, and iPad via Dropbox. Do it all in a straightforward and stylish interface.
Convenient income and expense tracking
• Multiple types of accounts (bank, cash, investment, etc.)
• Multi-currency support
• Reconciliation of accounts and individual transactions
• Straightforward way of managing categories and payees
• Enter transactions by category or payee
• Print checks
• Transfer and split payments
• Make notes and add attachments
• Various options for sorting, labeling, and searching
• List and grid views
Easy budget planning
• Multiple budget capability
• Various budget periods, including one-time budgets
• Average spending amounts to help set realistic budget limits
• Progress bars for each budget category
• Color indications and alerts for low and exhausted budgets
• Recurring budgets
• Advance planning of expenses, income, and transfers
• Handle recurring transactions, such as utility bills
• Reminders about pending scheduled transactions
• Automatic payment capability
• Multiple report types
• Easily changeable report parameters
• Various options for report customization
• Pie and bar charts
• Printing and emailing capabilities
• Investment accounts
• Portfolio feature allows following all investment accounts
• Charts depicting history of portfolio and individual stocks
• Automatically updated tables of top gainers and losers in the market, major world indices, and currency rate fluctuations
Cloud storage and syncing
• Document storage on Dropbox
• Syncing with Money for iPhone and iPad (requires iOS 6 or later)
More handy features
• Multiple-user capability
• Password protection
• Streamlined interface
What's New in Version 4.6
• Various Yosemite compatibility fixes
• Fixed issues with the Export screen after changing the export format
• Improved detection of the date format in data downloaded from Bank of America
• Georgian lari (GEL) added to the currency list
• French localization improvements
• Minor interface fixes
• Other minor fixes and improvements
run away from this app
Kingsford07’s comment about the syncing probelms are right on. I’ve been using version 4.6 for a number of years and this company never makes updates, never makes improvements. I don’t know if the company really exists any more. They will take your money and disappear. Imagine having your finances on more than one device, making changes on one, and not having a button to sync the updates to the cloud where it appears on your other device. Money does this syncing on its own schedule, and I have no idea what that is. You just have to keep Money open and running on the one device, and keep manually commanding the mobile device to sync. Eventually, hopefully the sync occurs. The syncing of scheduled transactions to Calendar also stinks. I gave up using it. This is rudimentary, amateurish programming. Why the hell Intuit doesn’t make a version of home and business for Mac is beyond comprehension.
Still stuck with TERRIBLE DropBox Syncing
Still waiting for iCloud Syncing to come back. Dropbox gives me nothing but problems. Been waiting 2 years. Paid for the iPhone and iPad Apps when I could use iCloud Syncing but then they ditched it and screwed me over.
The Dropbox sync is just horrible! It never works. It doesn’t update, it causes duplicate transactions. I hate it. It’s the worst thing ever. I had better luck creating backups if Money in my DropBox Folder and just using those between Macs. HORRIBLE LIKE ALWAYS! iCloud was better than this but you guys killed that!
With every update is more problems. I don’t think Jumsoft tests anything they release. Not one release of an update has ever gone smoothly or not caused a problem. Just get it right and leave it alone and stop adding feautures until its right!
UPDATE: Still only syncing through DropBox which still does not work well and still unusable because it screws up accounts… Still no update for iOS 8. I can’t remeber the last time there was an update at all for this App.
Good; room for improvement
I enjoy this app very much. It serves it’s purpose, does it well, and syncs across all of my devices. It has an in-app browser and overall just makes sense. I didn’t have the prior versions and so far haven’t had any issues with upgrades/updates. My worry is this: I’d like to see a Yosemite-themed update. The interface needs some improvement and updating. Would love to give this 5 stars the next time around.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Nov 10, 2014
- Version: 4.6
- Size: 18.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian
- Seller: Jumsoft
- © Jumsoft
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor