MoneyWiz - Personal Finance
By SilverWiz Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Do more with your money. View all your accounts, budgets and bills in one place. Experience reports on a whole new level. Sync across devices!
Meet MoneyWiz - the personal finance assistant that just works!
"Best Finance App"
— The Telegraph
"MoneyWiz is a sleek personal finance app."
— MacWorld Magazine
"MoneyWiz is a great choice and one that I personally use. Having the trio of apps (iPhone, iPad and Mac) and the excellent sync service makes MoneyWiz very flexible."
"MoneyWiz is all about giving you more than you would expect. For those wishing to find the perfect app for monitoring your accounts, look no further than MoneyWiz."
"The UI is amazing - it's packed with so many features, yet doesn't feel cluttered."
HOW MONEYWIZ IS BETTER?
• Automatically keeps data consistent across multiple devices
• Gives you beautiful reports in full screen
• Connects all your money management needs into one convenient place
• Intuitive and uncluttered design makes it joyful to use MoneyWiz
Put all your accounts in one place. It's the best way to keep your money organized.
• Create various types of accounts, including a cash (wallet) account
• Register expenses, incomes, adjust balance and transfer money between accounts
• Real accounts reconciliation
• Bulk edit transactions
• Make split payments
• Multi-currency support
• Import your bank statements from CSV, OFX, QFX and QIF files
• Smart auto-completion for quick transactions entry
• Sort, filter and search transactions
• Checkbook register
• View transactions in fancy or expert (spreadsheet like) mode
Set budgets and pay down your debt. MoneyWiz will monitor the budgets for you, and let you know when something's about to go wrong.
• Create custom budgets
• Expenses are automatically assigned to the correct budget
• Alerts for low and exhausted budget
• See budget progress, daily allowance and remaining days
• See the transactions that make up each budget
Never miss a bill again. MoneyWiz will remind you for any scheduled transactions that are due to be paid.
• Plan expenses, incomes and transfers
• Manage recurring transactions, like bills and salary
• See it all on a beautiful calendar
• Quickly access forecast for any day on the calendar
Thorough reports with beautiful interactive charts will show you everything you need to know about your money.
• Full screen reports
• Export to PDF and CSV
• See transactions that form a report
• Save reports locally into MoneyWiz
• All kinds of reports - NetWorth, Payees, Account balance, Trends, Forecast, Compare budgets, Categories, Statistics, Budget balance
Keeping data consistent across multiple devices has never been easier. MoneyWiz has it's own unique cloud syncing service, called SYNCbits.
• Automatic synchronization - you don't need to do anything manually
• Immediate sync - do something on one device, and see it happen on all others within seconds
• Totally secure
• Retina display optimized
• Password protection
• Custom categories with sub-categories
• In-App help, where you need it
• Outstanding customer support. Our average response time is 2 hours
• Available for iPhone, iPad and Mac OS X (separate purchases)
What's New in Version 1.5.2
If you run into any problems with this update, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
— 1.5.2 & 1.5.1
● Bug fixes
● 100 + improvements
We need your support to keep the updates going. Please, consider rating this version of MoneyWiz on the App Store. Thank you!
Coming to MoneyWiz from Quicken 2006, it isn't Quicken, and it isn't priced like Quicken either. But then all I really needed was a good checkbook program. For reference, I am running it on an early intel iMac with Snow Leopard as the operating system and 2 gb of ram. The interface is clean and pretty. It didn't have a reconcilation screen per se, rather reconciliation is done by clearing off items in the register, One can choose to show only cleared items, a report with only pending items, or both. When the cleared items total matches the bank -- it's balanced.
When inputing check numbers, would have preferred the check number field to allow for text entrys for ATM, POS, and EFT. Also inputting the check number is a bit cumerbsome since it is not on the entry dialog, rather one has to complete the entry, then click on a button to flip the dialog over and input the check number. I think it is so basic it should all be on the same dialog box. Would also be nice when splitting transactions to be able to show categories and amounts for deductions from a deposit on the same entry (for example, a social security deposit that has a deduction from Humana for a drug plan). And the program does occasionaly crash, but no data was lost, so that is a good thing.
Looking forward to 2.0, and yes, it is ok to charge for a major upgrade.
I was looking for a register for checking and savings accounts to use on my Macbook which I could also pull up on my iPad. This is a great program, and has other features and reports which I will also start using. It was easy and fast to set up. I can enter transactions on either my laptop or my iPad, and the other device updates automatically within seconds. I have contacted MoneyWiz twice with questions (once even before I purchased the apps!) and they responded very quickly.
The only reason I gave this a 4 rating was due to the reconciliation feature. There is no bank balance to reconcile to. In order to be sure the account balances with the bank, you must use the bank’s balance and manually add/subtract all the entries which have not yet cleared the bank. There is a sort feature on MoneyWiz which makes this process easier, and quite honestly, for an account without a lot of transactions (like a savings account) this wouldn’t matter. But I run a lot of transactions through my checking account, and I was really hoping the program would allow me to enter a number from the bank to balance to. Support says that feature is coming down the road with updates.
I’ve been using this program for two weeks - have tried others and this one is a home run for me!
The simple & clean interface is enjoyable to use
I was avoiding using Quicken 2008 in my Windows virtual machine because it had become so annoying to use. There was a bug with summary reports and many other irritations over using Quicken Home & Business ’98 on a 16 year old Win laptop. —Um yeah, that’s old. Any way, I’ve been caught in a bind for quite a while with Quicken and needed a new replacement which I could ENJOY using again and keeping my info updated. --Something which wouldn’t make me want to poke my eyes with a fork. I’ve tried several different money apps over the past 3 years and so far, knock wood, MoneyWiz is the one I like best. Yes, there can be improvements, for instance, I would like simpler, denser, summary reports for printing. All the charts & graphs are pretty but not as convenient for my needs as a clean, tighter-spaced summary list for printing. From what I can see, the developers are quite responsive and continuing to work on improvements & additions. This is very encouraging because I hope to continue using this app for a very long time.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Dec 20, 2013
- Version: 1.5.2
- Size: 24.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: SilverWiz Ltd
- © SilverWiz Ltd.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later