By Sauce Digital Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Like tennis? Like monkeys? Then you will love Monkey Tennis.
Monkey Tennis is a gesture controlled Tennis game played entirely using monkeys. Using swipes and flicks to run and play a variety of shots, it's the most fun, addictive and amusing tennis game available for your iPhone.
For gameplay videos visit:
1. The controls for Monkey Tennis replicate tennis shots as swipes. They may take 3-4 games to master, but they are what make the game great and worth the effort.
2. For an easier start play as Silverback against Aye-Aye, Howler or Gelada - on a Clay surface.
3. Use steady long swipes for best effect.
Monkey Tennis is rendered in 3D, and uses an advanced 3D physics engine, so it is also a very realistic tennis experience - despite the fact that you might be playing against a Chimpanzee.
You can swerve the ball, play lobs, drop shots, volleys, accurately aim your shots and vary power, all with simple swipe gestures.
All of this can be done on grass, clay and hard courts - which all have their own attributes. There are also over 30 monkeys to play with, each with their own skills levels, style of play.
How will you handle a Gibbon that plays from the baseline? What about a serve and volleying Gorilla? Easy? Well wait until you meet an Orangutan that serves like Andy Roddick.
* Single Match.
* Tournament: group stage followed by knockout.
* League: 10 teams playing twice.
* Challenge: 16 unique challenges, such as beat your best rally, ace a Chimp, win in straight sets and other skills.
* 3D physics and visuals
* Gesture based controls: swipe to run, or play a shot.
* Flick and move in 360 degrees
* Volleys, drop shots, lobs, swerve
* Over 30 unique monkeys.
* 3 different surfaces, each with different characteristics
* Saving for each game mode, so you can have a knockout, league and more all in progress at the same time.
* settings: games per set, sets per match, sound on/off, surface type.
"the best tennis game on the platform. With or without monkeys." squarezero, toucharcade.com
"without question best tennis game on the device" Gabrien, toucharcade.com
"Bought this yesterday and I have to say it is one of the best games on the platform... A bit difficult at first but a good way to get an easy start and accelerate your learning curve is to play against Aye-Aye: the creature can't run across court for the life of him! Thanks for a great game, dev, and for daring something different." Jeep, toucharcade.com
What's New in Version 1.1
Challenge mode now fixed
Fun monkey play
The game is fun and the controls are pretty good, but I'm not good at making the monkey run to the right place to hit the ball. I usually only manage to hit the ball if the monkey's already within reach. I wish there were a special easy mode, where my monkey is given some extra AI and I can just direct the ball hitting and it will run to wherever necessary.
Pretty good tennis game
This is a pretty good tennis game, but a big drawback in it for me is moving my player. I could be trying to hit the ball and I'll end up running away fom it, or if I'm trying to move the character it will overshoot where I wanted it to go. I think you should add a joystick for moving the character. - ASB
This is a fun tennis game, but like others have said, you do need to take time to get used to the controls. Once you do get several volleys going, you realize how fun this really is and how well you can control the play. Overall nice job.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jun 07, 2010
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 6.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sauce Digital Limited
- © Sauce Digital 2010
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.2.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.