Get Monochrome for Reddit to browse the latest viral content of the internet. Find communities centered around your interests: cute animal pictures, your favorite video games, funny videos, world news, or even your school. Every piece of content is voted on such that only the best content floats to the top of your feed. Monochrome is the only Reddit app that takes full advantage of your iPhone.
Design and Performance
• Monochrome is the smoothest and fastest Reddit app; it has slick animations and silky smooth scrolling.
• Monochrome’s design follows the design guidelines set by Apple. This makes Monochrome feel like a natural extension of your iPhone.
• The fluidity and human-centric design of Monochrome combine for the most intuitive Reddit experience available on iPhone.
3D Touch Everything
• Ever gotten a bit lost as to who is replying to who while scrolling through a long thread of comments? Monochrome allows you to 3D Touch a comment to peek at the comment it is replying to.
• 3D Touch links to images, GIFs, albums, videos, and other pages on Reddit to see a natively rendered preview, free of slow web content.
• Get to the content that matters to you, fast. 3D Touch Monochrome’s home screen icon to get shortcuts to your favorite subreddits.
• Not only does Monochrome deliver an optional Dark Interface, it can also automatically set its interface to dark or light depending on local sunset/sunrise times.
• Choose to display posts compactly for a more classic reddit appearance
• While viewing comments, swipe left anywhere on the screen to collapse the current comment thread and skip to the next one.
• GIFs play with progress indicators, letting you know how far you are through the GIF/how long it is
• Reply to messages and comments directly from notifications like you would a text message.
• Add multiple accounts to Monochrome and switch between them with a tap.
• Swipe left on a GIF to restart it
Made by Jonathan Valldejuli
- New navigation paradigm option: Stack
- iPad support featuring option for split view or tabs
- Implemented image prefetching
- Updated dependencies
- Redesign inbox/compose interface
- Fixed bugs
- Fixed bug where auto switch theme didn't work correctly
- Improved animations
- Favorite subreddits are now synced between devices via iCloud
- Grayed out post titles are now synced between devices via iCloud
- Fixed bugs introduced via iOS 12
- Raised deployment target to iOS 12
- JSON parsing is now performed on background thread
Thanks for using Monochrome! :)
Ratings and Reviews
Great start, needs quite a bit of work to be my daily driver.
I really appreciate how much this app tries to stick to iOS interface guidelines. Here are my suggestions and gripes after using it for a few minutes:
1. Please follow text size specified in iOS. Default text size on the app seems large. On that point, be consistent with text size across the app. Settings font is much smaller than comments font.
2. Tapping on pictures and videos are an inconsistent experience. One brings up a picture right over the ui, the other does a slide from the animation from the bottom.
3. Clicking links on reddit to reddit should be handled natively, not bring up safari.
Can’t log in
I appreciate that this app has an auto – reader mode. I hope the author adds the ability to display images and videos in that mood, as alien blue could do.
Unfortunately I have not been able to login. When trying to log in, I gave permission on the Reddit site, but the app gives an error because of 403 status is apparently returned.
One question: is the developers Server getting involved in seeing any user’s data, or is the permission only used for the app on the user’s device?
Simple, convenient, feature filled - a worthy purchase
I’ve been using monochrome for about 6 months now, and with every update it only seems to get better. The swipe gestures to close windows, the clean view of posts, the gorgeous dark mode, and gif - to - video conversion make this app one of my all time favorites! Monochrome has earned a place not only on my home screen, but on my dock! Thoroughly worth the 1.99 for the in-app upgrade!
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Falcon Assets, Inc.
- 14.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2017 Falcon Assets, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Monochrome Pro $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.