Capture screenshots, share files, record video and .gifs!
• Capture full screen, just part of the screen, or a selected window
• Make your crop area pixel perfect with our 8x magnifier
• Customize hotkeys
• Make delayed screenshots
• Record screencasts
• Highlight details during recording a video
Annotate and Edit:
• Highlight important details with pen, text, arrows, and shapes
• Blur private information
• Open snapshots in your favorite external editor
Save and share:
• Log in to get free cloud storage space
• Connect Monosnap to Evernote, Dropbox, CloudApp, Yandex.Disk, Box.com and Google Drive
• FTP, sFTP, WebDAV, Amazon S3 & iCloud support
• Upload files and images by dropping them to the status bar icon
• Drag & Drop files directly from the editor
• Share your screenshots or videos in one click
• Upload your videos to YouTube or Monosnap
Join our community:
• Improved application work with macOS 10.14 (Mojave)
• Fixed opening of HEIC images in the editor
• Fixed bug of import/export of data from AWS S3
• Added the ability to highlight the cursor with the selected color in the image editor
• Removed the system ability to export to Facebook and Twitter from the image and video editor for macOS 10.14 (Mojave)
Ratings and Reviews
Whoa and it’s free!
On my work computer I use Snag-It and I love that i can take quick screen shots or screen recordings and edit right there in the app/program. When I got my personal laptop I wanted to add it because I can’t remeber the Mac shortcut for a screen shot. Do my dismay, the app is $50. I did a search for screen shot apps and this one had the most positi reviews. I was sceptical since it was free but omg I am in love! it is so easy t use, and I especially love that I can have it permanently on my top bar to quickly take screen shots/recordings (couldn’t do that with Snag-It!). I love I can still edit right after the screen shot and saving is a breeze. Great ap! It deserves the high rating it is getting! The only updates I would love to see is Smart art added so I can add arrows or text bubbles to my screen shots, and if all my screen shots that I have taken would show up on a smaller window/bar below the main one so if I wanted to copy and past something from one screen shot and add it to th one I am editing, I can do it quickly. This was a feature of Snag-It I used often. But otherwise this is great!
After being annoyed by Skitch one time too many I went out looking for an alternative. There are some decent ones out there - Annotate (formerly GLUI) is all right (ugly arrows though) and Beem (feels a little too early-days for them right now) and Napkin (looks nice but didn’t try it - $40 = yikes and so it’s probably overkill for what I need)... and then I found Monosnap, and am very happy. Well-made and I quickly paid the $5 add-on fee to get me the ability to Sync to Dropbox (and several other services.)
I haven’t tried any of the video-capture stuff but for my basic screenshot needs it’s been working fine.
Only thing I miss from Skitch is their ‘Timed Crosshair Snapshot’ feature - Sometimes I need to grab a section of the screen that only appears when (for example) I’m holding down the mousebutton. So hopefully the MonoSnap guys can add this soon!
Screenshots are "One or the Other"
As a UX designer, I am constantly annotating screenshots, and one of the best features about Monosnap is the ability to open an external editor of my choice. The biggest downfall, however, is the limitations of only being able to choose one action following your screenshot. You can upload it to your folder (I paid for the Dropbox add-on), OR open it in an external editor. Yes there are other options like Saving, or opening it in the Monosnap editor, too - but the point being, is that it only supports doing one action. Ultimately, I’d like to Upload the original screenshot into my designated Dropbox folder, AND open the image in an External Image Editor. One of the hotkeys that I thought would allow me to do this, is “Capture area & Upload”, but that is really the same thing as selecting Upload from the After Screenshot selector in the General Settings.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.