By Farminers Limited
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Capture screenshots, share files, record video and .gifs!
• Capture full screen, just part of the screen, or a selected window
• Make your crop area pixel perfect with our 8x magnifier
• Customize hotkeys
• Make delayed screenshots
• Record screencasts
• Highlight details during recording a video
Annotate and Edit:
• Highlight important details with pen, text, arrows, and shapes
• Blur private information
• Open snapshots in your favorite external editor
Save and share:
• Log in to get free cloud storage space
• Connect Monosnap to Evernote, Dropbox, CloudApp, Yandex.Disk, Box.com and Google Drive
• FTP, sFTP, WebDAV, Amazon S3, Google Drive & iCloud support
• Upload files and images by dropping them to the status bar icon
• Drag & Drop files directly from the editor
• Share your screenshots or videos in one click
• Upload your videos to YouTube or Monosnap
Join our community:
What's New in Version 3.4.2
• Ready for MacOS 10.13
• Added Google Drive support
• Added ability to upload to iCloud from burger menu
• Added ability to upload to iCloud with (CMD+I) hotkey
• Added iCloud smart sync from other devices
• Added clear settings button for FTP, sFTP, WebDAV & Amazon S3 & reset all settings button in the Preferences > Advanced window
• Added ability to disable animation at status bar and hide tooltips
• Added ability to dismiss 'Fullscreen after 10s' by clicking on timer
• Added chess background to the image editor
• Added ‘Open from clipboard’ option at status bar menu
• Added hotkeys for changing thickness and size in the image editor
• Added option ‘Close the editor after uploading’ in the Preferences > General
• HEIF support
• Fixed Dropbox integration
• Fixed iCloud integration with videos
• Fixed high usage of CPU and GPU
• Fixed ability to print images in the image editor (CMD+P)
• Fixed bugs related to screencasts and audio recording
• Fixed RAM leaks
• Fixed bugs with hotkeys for video recording
• Fixed bugs with MPEG and GIF formats during saving
• Fixed bug with uploading GIF files
• Fixed bug with ‘red screenshot area’ in the editor
• Added limitations for max size of saved file name
• Fixed bugs related to UI inside video recording window
• Fixed bug with uploaded images without preview to Monosnap storage
• Fixed bug with box.com auth
• Fixed bug with low speed of opening Monosnap folder list inside image editor
• Fixed bug with auto launch
• Removed ‘Make selfie’ ability
Finally! A screen capture app that works!
For creating a game trailer, I needed 60 fps video capture with system audio at high quality. I have been searching and testing other Mac capture utilities, and finally settled on Monosnap. It did *exactly* what I needed it to. Nothing else I’ve tried so far met all of those seemingly simple criteria. Either they were limited to 30 fps, or couldn’t capture system audio (despite claims to the contrary), or the resulting video quality was unacceptable (and generally not user-configurable). And Monosnap is free! I would happily pay for this. You do have to do a little extra work to capture system audio (just read the FAQ on Monosnap’s homepage, and follow their very well-written directions), but it does work. For a simple and functional capture application this is the way to go. Editing the resulting files in Premiere Pro works just fine. This is now my go-to capture application. Very highly recommended!
Two suggestions for improving it:
1) Add the corner magnifiers to the video capture tool
2) Allow the user to choose their own destination folder for recordings
Thank you for this! Nicely done!
Thank you. I can resize now with ease.
Well worth the money.
Closest App to Windows Snipping Tool
This app is similar to Snipping Tool for Windows but does offer more features if you desire them. Its perfect for a quick screenshot, markup and send it away.