By Farminers Limited
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Take screenshots, share files, record and stream video. With Evernote, Dropbox and CloudApp support.
• Capture full screen, just part of the screen, or a selected window
• Make your crop area pixel perfect with our 8x magnifier
• Customize hotkeys
• Make timed screenshot
• Record screencasts
• Highlight details while recording a video
• Stream your video online
Annotate and Edit:
• Highlight important details with pen, text, arrows and shapes
• Hide private information with blur tool
• Open snapshots in your favorite external editor
Save and share:
• Login to get free cloud storage space
• Connect Monosnap to Evernote, Dropbox, CloudApp, Yandex.Disk and Box.com
• Add your personal ftp, sftp, webdav or S3 server
• Upload files and images by dropping them to the menubar icon
• Drag & Drop right from the editor
• Use your own ftp,sftp or webdav server
• Share your snapshots in one click
• Upload your videos on youtube or monosnap
Join our community:
What's New in Version 2.1.0
+ Ability to copy image after upload
+ Ability to copy image after screenshot without opening editor
+ Finder integration
+ Ability to turn on sound effects
+ New hotkeys UI
+ Ability to remove hotkeys
+ New "frozen capture" mode
+ UI changes at editor
+ Bug fixes
Very good. Would appreciate a “lite” version!
I am a grad student and take a lot of screen shots for reports and assignments. I love that this tool saves files in .JPEG format, as this can be directly imported into LaTeX, which I use for all of my document processing. I really like the magnification feature; it helps me to capture exactly the area that I want. I also like how to sits on my Apple menu bar - just one convenient click on the MonoSnap icon and I can capture. It is very user-friendly in that respect. Easy to get to, but also out of the way.
I do not use any of the interconnectivity with social media sites or other tools, however. While I appreciate some people probably find them to be the best component of the program, I would appreciate a lighter version that only does the capture functionality - screenshots, videos, camera - to then save to disk. I suppose it might not make a big difference in terms of its memory footprint, but I run a lot of applications at the same time, so every little bit helps!
This has been an excellent replacement for Skitch and Droplr. I do have a couple things I’d like them to add/tweak (but not enough to drop my 5-star rating):
1. It would be nice if the video capture could capture the whole screen. Right now it cuts off the menu bar.
2. It would be great if you could pause/resume the video capture.
Why do I love this program?
I can efficiently take screenshots of portions/full desktop, annotate them easily with text/arrows/lines/etc., and save or upload them immediately to where I can share(must have account).
Very helpful! Thank you monosnap!