Monster Chords: Guitar & Ukulele Fun Learning Game
By Wave Cortex
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing Monster Chords, a new and one-of-a-kind way to learn the guitar!
And now learn the ukulele too!
This app makes learning every chord a fun challenge, and it removes the tedium that can come with music learning by making it a game! Perfect for beginners of all ages,all you need is a guitar or ukulele!
Shy, music-loving monsters roam the dark forest, and would like nothing more than to hear some good music. Play the right chords in time with the music to draw them out of hiding. Each time you play the correct chord, the monsters move closer towards your campfire. If you make a mistake, they will go back into hiding.
Jam along to classic songs like "London Bridge Is Falling Down", "Mary Had A Little Lamb", "LadyBird", "I'm A Little Teapot", and get in the groove with over 20 original modern compositions.
Monster Chords ranks chord playing with a simple and friendly star rating, allowing you to practice and improve your guitar skills over time. It also includes a guitar tuner minigame that you can play in either timed or easy mode.
With 30 challenging levels, kids will absolutely love this approach to learn chords, and will keep coming back for more practice. Levels/songs will be added every month, so there will be lots of new content to look forward to.
SUBSCRIPTION PLAN DETAILS:
The first 5 levels in the app are free. You will have to subscribe to get unlimited access to all content.
Monthly: USD 1.99
These prices are for United States customers. Pricing in other countries may vary and actual charges may be converted to your local currency depending on your country of residence.
Your subscription includes a free 1-week (7-day) trial, which will automatically renew at the end of each term and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings but refunds will not be provided for the unused portion of the term.
- Range of cool songs to choose from!
- Easy to understand chord diagrams and video tutorials
- Hordes of cute and adorable monsters!
- Over 30 levels of fun, challenging gameplay!
- A handy tuner mini-game for your budding musician
- New content added on a monthly basis!
Guitar and Ukulele not included - please supply your own.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
Now with Ukulele - it's even more fun and easy!
- 4 new levels added
- Jam along to unlock new songs
- video training for new chord added
It's the best way for kids to learn & practice guitar and ukulele chords!
Really great even for grown ups
This app is really good. I download it from my kids, but on a quiet day while they were at school I decided to break out the ukulele, which I have no clue how to play and give it a shot. so far I've learned three chords and I can strum and tune my ukulele. not too bad for a $35 ukulele from guitar center that's been sitting in a closet for two years anyways. I like this App and I would definitely recommend it to others. I haven't gotten that far some users said you have to pay to go be on level six but is long as it continues to be this good I think I would gladly pay a few Dollars. I'm actually learning how to play something this is somewhat amazing as I'm not musical at all!
Bad and Here's Why
• won't recognize a perfectly tuned uke
• far too rudimentary for even a very, very slow-learning beginning (might be good for children age 3-5)
• very distracting design - monsters dancing all over the place as you try to hone in on hitting a note or chord with accurate timing
• really poorly designed and implemented timing cue. basically makes no sense on an intuitive or empirical level. i've sampled many, many music instruction apps that entail playing along to achieve accurate timing and this one is by far the worst - it's like the designers researched what's effective and then decided to do the exact opposite
• paying any amount of money for this tutorial game as it currently stands would be overpaying. it's genuinely bad.
• the positive reviews look like plants to me. they're super un-specific and i can not imagine anyone finding any kind of satisfaction or learning an instrument using this app.
Can't believe I learned how to play real Notes less than an hour on my guitar and play a game while doing all of it!!!!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Feb 27, 2017
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 328 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Ani Bella Limited
- © Ani Bella Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Full Content Access$1.99