You find yourself in a strange but familiar world. Malady has stricken the land and the local Monsters have become violent. Only by capturing and training these Monsters can you overcome evil and become the Monster Guru!
Monster Guru is an RPG that uses your phone's GPS to travel through the game. A beautiful hand-drawn world mirrors Earth and is filled with Monsters and adventure. Using your iPhone you can peer into this other world and capture and train your own team of Monsters.
• Capture dozens of Monsters to help you battle
• Every monster is unique
• Battle your friends Monsters in Multiplayer
• Quest to find more powerful Monsters and find out why you are in this strange world
• Classic RPG storyline
A beautiful hand-drawn world
• A massive world to uncover right in your neighborhood
• 100 different areas to find monsters and towns
• Over 20 towns and locations
• Soundtrack from the talented Steven R. Smith
Game optimized for your iPhone
• GPS mirrors your movements in the game
• No virtual buttons, just tap on menu items
• Unlock over 30 achievements in Game Center
Every Monster is capturable in a unique way. Some monsters you may have to use an item, others you'll have to use a specific move. Becoming a Monster Guru will require you to learn what each Monster desires.
After years of development and a successful Kickstarter, Monster Guru is ready for release. Join in the adventure and see if you can become the Monster Guru!
NOTE: This game will run on iPhone 4 and above (currently iPad and iPod not officially supported, but we have had reports of it working on iPad). If you are using an iPhone 4, the graphics are adjusted so the game can still run. For best results use an iPhone 4S or above.
- More details for how to play the game
- Extended tutorial in the settings menu
Better non-GPS mode!
- Clearing tiles on the map no longer limited
- Crashing on iPods fixed
- Anger quest fixed
- Achievements over notifying fixed
- Fixed wording on how to capture Pavo and others
If you are experiencing crashes, go into Settings and turn off hi-res map and map animations. Most crashes are happening because your device doesn't have enough memory for all the art.
If you have any other bugs or feedback, be sure to leave feedback through the "Submit Feedback" option in the game.
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing, Enjoyable RPG Game!
This app is truly amazing, though the art is a bit sketchy, the game is still fun! I do have an IPad 3rd Generation and the game does work. At first the map wasn't loading when I opened the app, but when I opened it on the third try ,I believe, it worked fine. When traveling you have to have some sort of patience though, it can take a bit for Sen to walk. Otherwise, I live the Pokemon feel to it, not to mention the unique designs of each monster and character.
Fantastic, make more
This game was incredibly entertaining and interesting. It has a deep and spooky feel to it, however it was not scary. The game kept me intrigued and excited to start the next quest. My only dislike is the length of the game. It's incredibly short; only took me 5 hours to complete in full. I would love a sequel to this fantastic game. Overall, it is beautiful, intriguing, but short.
This game has one of a kind artwork and very cool concepts. I'm proud to be a Kickstarter backer.
One bug I'm encountering is that the life of monsters revived during battle is shown as 0 if you try switching back to them... 1 point of damage and it dies again :(
Otherwise, great game.
- Gimo Games
- 322 MB
Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2012 Gimo Games
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.