Please read the section "Important Notes" before purchasing or using this app. Returns or credit cannot be granted after purchase.
• The World of Monster Hunter Stories
In a world where large monsters roam, and people everywhere make a living hunting, there's a remote village of people who follow a different set of customs. They are the Monster Riders, a people who don't hunt but instead form bonds with monsters.
Unlike hunters, they raise and live in harmony with monsters, forming inseparable bonds with them using mysterious artifacts known as Kinship Stones.
The monsters that form kinships with Riders, known as "Monsties," possess incredible powers. By becoming a Rider, you too can befriend countless Monsties, riding them as you explore a vast, exciting world. Join the adventure and "Ride On!"
• Game Features
- Recruit countless Monsties!
Monsties, and the bonds you form with them, are the backbone of your adventure. Explore vast environments and dungeons to find monster dens, and bring back the eggs you find to hatch new Monsties!
- Fight with your Monsties in Network Battles!
Take your hero and the Monsties you've raised into battles with other Riders! Build a team of your favorites to challenge other players.
- New features for the smartphone version!
New improvements include beautiful high-resolution graphics, improved user interface, and a new auto-save feature!
The story begins in a forest near the village of Riders. Three young friends—the hero, Lilia, and Cheval—stumble upon a shining egg.
The trio perform a playful imitation of the Rite of Kinship, only to be shocked when it actually succeeds!
The egg hatches, revealing a baby Rathalos, a flying wyvern also known as "the King of the Skies." The trio affectionately name him "Ratha," and take him back to the village.
Days later, without warning, the village is beset upon by a monster infected by "the Black Blight." They manage to drive it away, but not before it devastates the town—and leaves indelible scars in the hearts of Cheval and Lilia.
A year passes...
The hero receives a Kinship Stone from the Village Chief and officially becomes a Rider. Cheval and Lilia both leave the village, each on their own path. The hero, though separated now from childhood friends, partners up with the cheerful Navirou, and embarks upon a new adventure into the world of hunters.
A story of friendship and triumph await you—ride on into the world of Monster Hunter Stories!
• Notes on Multiplayer
- Multiplayer (Network Battles, etc.) is available only after a certain amount of game progress.
- Network Battles are only available against other players of the paid iOS version of this app.
- Network Battles are not available against players of the Japanese version of this app.
- Play in an area with a good connection to ensure the best online experience.
- You must sign in to Game Center to use multiplayer features.
• Additional Notes
- To use this app, you must agree to the "Monster Hunter Stories End User License Agreement" (link below) when booting the app for the first time.
- This app features the same story as the handheld console version.
- Several handheld console features, such as certain collaboration contents, amiibo features, local Network Battles, and StreetPass, are NOT available in this version.
- Deleting this app will also erase any stored save data.
- This app can only be downloaded with a Wi-Fi connection.
- Battle Party QR codes from the Japanese version will not work in this version.
Ratings and Reviews
Fantastic Mobile Experience
I love this game. I spent at least 200 hours on the 3ds and approaching close to 50 on this version and have just now moved on to post game content. This game is huge, there’s tons to do. In terms of a mobile game especially you’ll never find anything quite so fair and long term on the AppStore as this. The price is high but don’t forget there’s a free demo to play and the game itself never has to be online. My only issue really is that we don’t have the 1.2 or 1.3 updates from Japan that add so much more content than what we have now, and considering this is already at least a 20 hour game that’s saying something about just how much more this game can be. If we get those updates I’ll gladly up the rating to 5 stars. I also haven’t tried online yet but I may drop my rating if the PvP isn’t working properly since I often build my monsters for that purpose alone. I’d say more but it’s hard to say anything else that hasn’t been said before in other reviews.
Not part of the review, just a tip addressing one of the issues people seem to be having with saving- you HAVE to save the game from a Catavan stand or from the bed in your character’s bedroom. It’s a mild inconvenience yes, but I suppose that’s the price of this having been a 3DS game first. You can also load autosaves and the game conveniently does that every time you enter a new loading zone or access a stand. These 2 save styles are separate so you can still do egg farming like on the 3DS.
MH stories is awesome
I love this game, its a good game that makes you feel like your on an Nintendo. I always try to find games like this and I live that this game has i want! You don't need Internet to play this game and makes you feel like... You can really do anything in the game! I MEAN COME ON!!!! You can ride monsters and be there friend who doesn't want that!! The only reason I would not rate this 5 stars is because the category is only adventure but I WANT ROMANCE! I Locke these types of games the most but if they put romance in the game it would be 10x better. And in Japan they already have the 1.2 and 1.3 update and we don't have that yet! They have better graphics and more stories to go on!! I want that bro!! I love this game and ive played it more that 200 hours already!! I recommend playing this game forever !!
P.S. Ok so the way to save in the game is ether at the catapost or when you go to your personnel room/bed and sleep in it. But there is a moment in the game where you have to go and click to sleep in a TP! So look out for that! Well thats all this might seem tedious but I mean we get a cool game for this kind of action and not have a concern like this??!! I mean I think its pretty fair.
An issue with music and mic
So I’m a huge fan of this game. I loved the 3DS version, but felt it was a bit difficult to carry it around with me. So seeing the iOS version finally localized made me so happy. I didn’t expect it to happen at all honestly. The game itself is phenomenal, and it looks far better than the 3DS version. However I discovered something that I believe MIGHT be a bug. When utilizing the mic on my phone, AT ALL, I cannot hear the music in the game. It cuts out entirely. But sound effects still work. The mic use includes both discord calls and screen recording with the mic turned on. I can understand the screen recording problem, but not the discord calling. I’m not entirely sure if this is intentional or a bug. But once the issue is resolved (or made clear that it’s intentional) I will absolutely rate this a 5 out of 5. A gorgeous game that I loved on 3DS that looks even better and feels just as good to play on iOS. You got me again Capcom. I’m impressed. I hope to see more 3DS ports like this one, not just from Capcom.
- CAPCOM Co., Ltd
- 4 GB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © CAPCOM CO., LTD. 2016, 2017 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.