Monster Time Free
By Myello Digital
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Have fun learning how to tell the time with five of the craziest monsters around in Monster Time.
All monsters now unlocked with ad-supported version of Monster Time Free. Ad-free versions of Monster Time & Monster Time HD available in the app store.
Monster Time TRAILER - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd4inS9GTkI
Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/monstertimeapp
- Buy once - use on your iPod, iPhone & in HD on your iPad.
- iPad Retina compatible
- As featured in the UK & New Zealand Educational App Stores New & Noteworthy - March 2012
Apps Playground - "We like the cut of its jib on the graphics front too: the monsters are suitably monstery, without scaring younger children."
Guardian.co.uk - "Monster Time is an impressive-looking iOS app to help children learn to tell the time – analogue and digital clocks – with the help of some colourful monsters."
Children's Technology Review - "the monster idea is done very well" (4/5)
apps4kids.net - "The kids are challenged to figure out how to use analog clocks while playing with beautiful crooked monsters"
app-score.com - "This is a good tool to help kids learn how to tell time." - (8/10)
theiphonemom.com - "Learning how to tell time is tricky business. I think that Monster Time is a great app that has invented a fun way to help children learn this hard skill, while keeping it exciting. I will definitely be using this app with my son when the 'time' comes!"
Plucked from the depths of the deepest, darkest lagoon & the stench of the stinkiest swamp we’ve gathered together five of the most brilliant monster minds to help children learn to tell the time. They’ve packed their digital and analogue clocks, (complete with octopus tentacle hands), and are all set to help you on your way.
*** Keep learning and you’ll be rewarded with pics of your favorite Monster pals, which you can PRINT & COLOR-IN! ***
- Fun learning platform to keep your child amused whilst practicing one of the most complicated subjects when they’re young.
- Unlock up to 15* photos, (* free version only includes 3 rewards), of the gruesome five by completing the three levels of difficulty for each character.
- Beautifully illustrated artwork.
- Printable coloring-in sheets of unlocked Monster photos.
- 3 levels of difficulty per character.
- Learn digital & analogue time.
- Learn 12/24hr & am/pm.
- “Past & To” overlay to assist with “half past, quarter to, quarter past” stages.
- Accompanying digital clock to assist analogue time learning. Show & hide to aid your child’s development.
- Recommended ages: 4+
- Unique soundtrack. Option to turn music on/off.
- Universal App: Single purchase to install on your iPhone, iPod & iPad.
Times are kept to on the hour and half-past the hour for a nice easy introduction to telling the time. Get 5 stars and you’ll unlock a pic of your monster!
Times are tested at 5 minute intervals, introducing the concepts of “past” & “to” - “...5 minutes to 10”, “...quarter past 4”, “...quarter to 12”. Getting an answer wrong will remove a star you’ve already earned.
You’re almost good enough to join the monster elite! You’ll be tested across the full range of the clock. Beware though! The monster’s are not going to give up their prize easily in this round, you’ll have to earn 5 stars in a row to please them! Get a question wrong and you’ll have to try again or carry on practicing.
Language support: English, French.
Powered by the Sparrow Framework
What's New in Version 1.5
- iPhone5 Help screen fix
- Those pesky monsters stole some of the print outs, we've retrieved them and put the little critters back in their boxes.
Was initially excited to try this game because the graphics were cute for my 2nd grader. Unfortunately she found this frustrating the first time because the game design does not allow the hour hand to be moved independently from the minute hand so it would take forever to set the clock. The game also relies on waiting at the correct time for 2 seconds to see if the clock was set correctly which is a problem when using the clumsy moving minute hand instead of being able to adjust the minute and hour hands independently. We had several instances of false wrong answers trying to continue setting the clock to the correct time. We finally gave up and deleted the game when she had set it correctly for 10 o'clock and the game kept telling her it was set incorrectly! Good graphics but not functional as a teaching or practice tool.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Apr 24, 2013
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 124 MB
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Seller: Myello Digital Ltd
- © Myello Digital Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.