My Weather Book Free - Letter Shape Tracing Activity App
By The App Tree Ltd
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Have fun improving letter formation, reading, spelling and writing skills.
If you are starting school, in preschool or just like coloring and writing, the My Weather Book app is perfect for you and your friends.
So, here is the fun stuff:
This workbook is has 25 worksheets each containing a simple weather related caption about the weather. Each caption is illustrated and busting to be colored in by a budding artist.
The illustrations include:
• Christmas trees and snowy scenes with snowmen and snowballs,
• icy scenes with polar bears and penguins,
• sunny days on the beach with ice cream and sand castles,
• cloudy days with helicopters and a planes,
• rainy days splashing in puddles and being stuck indoors (that one is a bit sad),
• stormy days with lightening and big waves!
• foggy days with lighthouses and fishermen
• beautify rainbows with castles, start birthday cakes and trains!
... and then there's the ice skater and the the skier!
Post your favorite (colored in please!) on our Facebook page (facebook.com/TheAppTreeLTD), we'd love to see what you can do!
Hmmm, and here's the serious learning stuff:
Each caption has a key weather word like sunny, snowy, rainy, icy, rainbow
If you want to color in you must do your writing practice first - harsh but fair!
Tapping the letter makes the magic hand appear. The magic hand shows you exactly how to form the letter. Then you trace the letter ... it really is great fun and you learn letter shapes, letter formation, spelling and writing all at the same time!
The key features are:
• writing and letter tracing, full line and dots options
• letter shape and letter formation
• reading and listening to weather words
• spelling of weather words
• coloring and freehand drawing
• Montessori font and formation methods
• comprehension of letter shapes and weather words
• Amazing turning page effect producing a “real” coloring-writing practice book.
• Full line letter tracing for real beginners – 2-3 year old
• Dotted line letter tracing for intermediate players – 3-4 year old
• “Free" writing for advanced practice where no tracing lines are shown – 5+ year old.
• 11 weather themed captions containing one practice work for tracing or free hand writing.
• Practice word audio to allow players to hear the practice word.
• 25 weather themed black outlined illustrations for coloring practice.
• Two coloring modes including paint fill and free hand painting.
• 27 colors to use in coloring mode.
1. Select a page with the caption you wish to practice e.g. a big rainbow.
2. Select the very fattest paint brush size and select the white paint colour.
3. Now wipe out the whole drawing so you are left with a blank page.
4. Now draw your own picture - it will be in the turning page book when you're finished!
Mums and Toddlers Playing together:
• Choose a picture each so that the pictures create a double page spread in the book.
• Take turns choosing the colors for your pictures.
• Then take turns tracing one letter at a time on the writing practice
• Say the letter sound of the letter you are tracing as you trace the letter.
• Take a photo of your finished double page spread and post it on our Facebook page (facebook/TheAppTreeLTD)
Your feedback is incredibly important to us - please do review this app. Thanks ;)
What's New in Version 1.1.2
Minor bugs and typos.
Updated user instructions.
- Category: Education
- Updated: May 18, 2015
- Version: 1.1.2
- Size: 40.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: THE APP TREE LTD
- © 2014 The App Tree Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- All illustrations$1.99