Moo, Baa, La La La! - Sandra Boynton
By Loud Crow Interactive Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** Kirkus Reviews - Kirkus Star
** Children's Technology Review Editor's Choice
** Common Sense Media - 5 Stars
** Parents' Choice Awards Recommended
** Apple New and Noteworthy
JUST MOO IT! Sandra Boynton’s best-selling book of all time comes alive with sound and movement and gloriously unpredictable interactivity. The wryly inventive Moo, Baa, La La La! digital book app will intrigue and amuse little kids and big people alike, and perhaps even elicit an appreciative snort from the occasional uninvited rhinoceros.
“This is my second digital book project with the perfectly wonderful team at Loud Crow,” says Sandra Boynton, “and I’m really happy with what we’ve created together. As with The Going to Bed Book, our interactive book app version of Moo, Baa, La La La! succeeds in retaining the original board book experience, while adding multi-sensory dimension. It’s such a cool enterprise.”
Far beyond any e-book experience, the Moo, Baa, La La La! interactive book app has all the magic and appeal of a traditional pop-up book, offering lively interactivity and nifty discovery. Of course you can hear each animal make its unique sound. (In some cases, VERY unique.) But there’s more! Help the perplexed chicken stagehand raise the curtain on a stageful of dapper dancing pigs. Turn day to night with the touch of the moon. Slingshot the running cats away from the barking dogs. A touch of the duck activates a quack which brings in another duck. And another. And another. Even the back cover has a curiously articulate spokesman that you really mustn’t miss.
* The second Boynton Moo Media book app (following their top-selling debut, The Going To Bed Book app), venturing far beyond what an e-book experience can offer
* Touch the animals to hear them moo or oink or quack or even, in the case of three incongruous showbiz pigs, harmonize
* Boynton has redrawn and recolored the original illustrations for her most popular book ever, Moo, Baa, La La La! (over 5 million in print!)
* Includes an original instrumental soundtrack, "Country Air"; a wonderful uptempo pastoral string quartet written by Michael Ford
* Realistic page turning interactions just like the original board book
* "The Big Guy Reads It"; with word highlighting to help improve reading skills
* Or “I want to read it myself” and hear individual words pronounced with the tap of a finger
What's New in Version 1.4
- Minor bug fixes & performance improvements
Love the book, love the app!
This app is so much fun for kids and the adults who read the book with them! We have the board book version as well, and every time we read that one my son asks why the pictures don't move or make the sounds.
So fun! Definitely a great purchase.
Wonderful rendition of great books
I read the board books to my older girls when they were little, and these digital versions have keep the quality while adding some fun that stays true to the feel of the books.
Moo, Ba, La La La
I am very frustrated and disappointed in this application. It is defective and has no sound track. I have tried various ways to try to find the volume, but it is not working. I warn you not to waste your money. Hopefully someone will read this and reimburse what I paid for it. This is a huge problem when purchasing applications, that there is no recourse for returning something that is unacceptable. It is also disappointing that there is only one book for the cost. A huge rip off.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Sep 19, 2013
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 16.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Loud Crow Interactive Inc.
- © 2011 Loud Crow Interactive Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.