Mood-Log is designed to help you keep track of your emotions as they change throughout the day and from day to day. You do this by creating new Mood-Log entries, recording any emotions you are currently experiencing and other information about yourself. You can use Mood-Log as a journal to keep track of events in your life and watch for connections between your daily life and the emotions you experience. A summary page and charts show you what’s happening over time. You can send email reports from within Mood-Log and you can set reminders that will prompt you to create a Mood-Log entry at different times in the day.
• Updated for iOS 11 and iPhone X
• In the Summary and Charts views, there are now buttons and a control for adjusting which records to use. You can see summary information for today, the past 7 days, past 28 days or all records. Expanding the control lets you make fine-grained adjustments, so for example you could view information just for last December. This same control is shown in the Sharing view for selecting which records to email or save to iCloud Drive, but has been improved there too
• When selecting Additional Factors (Mood, Stress, Energy, Mindfulness, Health, Sleep), you can now drag the bars of the graph directly. Dragging the bars will change the slider values and vice versa
• When deleting records, you are now shown an alert to help prevent unintentional deletion of entries
• Buttons along the bottom of the main view now have some space between them, making them easier to select
• Other bug fixes and tuning of the user interface
Ratings and Reviews
I love this app!
I am a psychotherapist and use this app with my teenage clients and find it to be incredibly helpful. The app generally has a great concept. It's 2017, so all my clients are on their phones constantly anyway, why not use their phone for something that increases self understanding? I like how you can adjust the amount of feelings to choose from and that there are faces paired with each emotion- it helps build understanding of that feeling within the unsocial. I have them get notifications 3x/day (morning, noon, evening). They are learning to see how moods shift throughout the day, every day, and which times are the easiest/most challenging for them. They are building so much insight and awareness and it's almost effortless!
Great app– could use more features
I love using this app to write down my feelings. Maybe it makes me feel like I have more control over my emotions. I also like the broad range of emotions to choose from. I do think it could use more options in the “factors” area (like hunger, menstruation, etc.), and I wish the graphs would show trends in your mood over several weeks.
There’s a lot of ways a program that logs mood can go wrong. This app gets it right. I particularly like the mood selection screen. I love the consistency between text and illustration.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.