Moods is the fastest and easiest way to record your current mood, which can be critical to maintaining good mental health.
- Fixed bug where sometimes moods weren't being refreshed in calendar and daily view
- Updated weekly report screen
- Minor design tweaks
Ratings and Reviews
A big thing for me with any app is the layout and design-- in which this case was executed perfectly. Easy, simple, flawless, pretty!!!!! Love the colors.
What sets this app apart from other mental health apps is that it starts you off with three different ranks of mood... good, okay, and bad.... then gives you the option to go into further detail.. either by specifically selecting the moods you're feeling (which is totally customizable) or noting something down, like a little diary. Seems simple enough, but you're able to go into as much (or little) detail as you'd like.
I especially love how when you're feeling bad, it gives you the chance to think about why you're feeling a certain way, and to categorize your negative feelings... as well as offer you some tips to improve your mood or shift your focus.
I think it would be nice to add an optional forum that links different mental health specialists, therapists, and users that shares different topics, advice, or support with symptoms, stress, or just life in general. (Think like the insight page with Flo... an amazing integration of expertise with a dash of commentary from users!!!)
I'd like to be able to delete past moods, as I accidentally logged one while I wasn't paying attention (☹️!!!!). There's a lot of potential for cool new things with this app... but for now it's perfect with its minimalist and simple style. Thanks!:)
In the past, I’ve been told by mental health professionals that I should keep a diary or planner. It was always a struggle for me to remember to write in them. Since this is an app, and I always have my phone with me, it’s super easy to open up the app and note that I’m feeling bad and then see all the ways I can fix it. The only reason I didn’t rate it 5 stars (and this might be me not knowing how to work it all the way yet), but I don’t see how the notes come into play if you can’t go back to a day and read them. On good days, I’d like to be able to go back and see reasons why I was happy, because, to me, at least that would give me a reason to try to be happier in the future.
Simple and streamlined. Can improve.
I like that it’s simple. I’ve always tried to journal and I’d be able to keep it up if I didn’t get so overwhelmed with how long it takes to write it down. This solves that problem and I like that I can go back to it.
I’d love to see:
1. Password capability. This is meant to store very private material and the name of the app is not discrete. I have no problem with the name or design of the app, but the password seems like it should happen eventually
2. Editing previous moods. If I see a typo it will drive me nuts and I must fix it. Also, inaccurate/accidental moods affect reports and it’s distressing. Honestly this is the worst thing about this app and it feels like having this bad data in my log is ruining the effort I’m finally putting into myself.
3. Options for reminders. Schedules do t always allow me to log moods at the same time daily, so a day of the week option would be much appreciated.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.