By Many Tricks
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Moom allows you to easily move and zoom windows—on one display, or to another display—using either the mouse or the keyboard. Moom lets you...
• Hover over the green button and choose from five preset size/location options in a pop-up palette
• Use a grid to 'draw' a window's desired size and location
• Define custom controls to move and zoom, move to other display, center, resize, and more
• Chain custom controls together to execute complex window management tasks
• Save window layouts to easily recreate a desired window arrangement at any time
• Automatically activate saved window layouts on changes in monitor layout, as in when you disconnect from your work display and then open your laptop at home
• Use keyboard mode to do all of this, and more, without ever touching a mouse
Once you've tried Mooming your windows, you'll never go back to simply moving and zooming them again.
What's New in Version 3.2.6
• Fixed a bug where the snap feature would misbehave while a display was zoomed.
• Fixed a bug where the snap feature would interfere with customizing a standard window toolbar.
• Fixed a bug where the snap feature would occasionally reduce other apps' responsiveness while interacting with those apps' menus.
For years, it’s been the best application serving this type of use. It will continue to be the best. LoVe Me SoMe MoOm!
This one app has by far been the moste useful app of all the productivity/Utility apps that I have EVER purchased. It’s just so dang useful. For example, when I sit down to do the budget, all I have to do is open my apps, hit the keyboard shortcut and BOOM errrrr I mean, MOOM, all the windows move right into the location, per pixel, that I saved as a setting. My fluid window of YNAB moves to the left and takes up the right amount of space, my web browser with my Bank’s website moves to the right and displays the right width that I like so I can see everything and Chronical takes it pre determined spot in my second display. It’s just so fast and convenient.
That is just one example of possible usage. It truly is a great app. Is it necessary? Not really but it sure provides ALOT of convenience. I don’t even care to try the other apps that claim to provide this functionality. I can see from their app store descriptions that they will pale in comparison to Moom, no joke. Love it.
My must have app for all my Macs
I love this app, anybody I know must install this app on there Mac’s. I find that when I am helping them and they don’t have the app installed it drives me crazy. I have actually purchased this for many of my family and friends. It just makes things so easy and it so customizable this should be standard. I like it way better than Magnet simply because of the customization of the cell sizes, the drawers, moving to another display, and arrange windows. Thank You!
So good that this should be standard UI
I don’t think I could give higher praise than to say that this should not be an add-on application. This is how your macOS should be “out of the box”. It’s how the Green button should work, and it’s really a sorry thing when I encounter a machine that doesn’t have Moom on it.
Apple, please buy Moom and integrate it. It’s how it should be.
Update: still 5⭐️, still needs to be in the OS, Apple.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 03, 2016
- Version: 3.2.6
- Size: 3.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Many Tricks
- © 2011–2016 Many Tricks
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor