By Midnight Martian
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Moonlight Mahjong is Mahjong Solitaire in virtual reality 3D, designed specifically for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Intuitive touch control allows you to tilt and turn, zoom in and out to match tiles in 3D. Play “arcade style” with progressively difficult levels and high scores, or relax with one of the non-competitive game modes. The gameplay is simple yet addictive.
Moonlight Mahjong features four main types of play:
• Scramble Mode: Match tiles faster than the automated opponent "Tilebot" through increasingly difficult levels. The board is automatically reshuffled when you run out of matches, making this game mode easy to start and fun, yet challenging on the higher levels.
• Challenge Mode: Compete against Tilebot in full puzzle mode, with no automatic reshuffling, only undo. Challenge requires more strategy than Scramble. This is the ‘pure’ form of the game, but it is difficult!
• Puzzle Mode: Solve puzzle boards with no time limit. Choose any layouts you like. This is the original game mode, what people usually think of as Mahjong Solitaire.
• Relaxation Mode: Clear boards with no time limit and automatic reshuffling when out of matches. Perfect for when you're just not in the mood to strategize or rush.
Feel free to download the free Lite version with ads, or purchase the paid version without ads. They are the same game; the paid version has a few additional features.
Moonlight Mahjong is the original 3D Mahjong Solitaire on iOS, having debuted with the launch of the App Store in 2008. It has been honored as a "Best Board Game" on the App Store, and was in the original Best 100 Apps and Games on iLounge.com.
For layout updates and news, "like" Moonlight Mahjong on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MoonlightMahjong
What's New in Version 3.1.1
• Fixed a bug where layout statistics did not appear in the Layouts view on iPad.
• Removed the "Multiplayer over Bluetooth" options in the Game Mode menu. Please use the "Game Center Multiplayer" options instead; they do the same thing except better, and Game Center now has an option to connect to nearby players.
Earlier in Version 3.1:
• Updated to support full resolution on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
• Updated for iOS 8. iOS 7 or later is required for this update.
• Important fix for a bug where the level may not advance when the app is launched on iOS 8.
• Losing in Scramble or Challenge mode now sends you back only three levels instead of five.
• 58 new built-in layouts submitted by Moonlight Mahjong users. See the earlier release notes for the complete list.
Warning! This game is highly addictive. I first downloaded Moonlight Lite and loved it so much I got the full version. Just be sure to read the hints/tips on how to play that they give you when you first open the game. I like the 3D aspect. I didn't think I would like playing against the tilebot but it makes me pay attention and not longer too long to make a choice of tiles. Moonkight is a delight to have particularly if you are in a line or waiting a long time to be seen or to get an order. Get it NOW!
I just bought this and so far it is really fun! The graphics are excellent and the game is challenging. Only changes I would like are an option to pause the game, I've got a puppy and it's nearly impossible to play the whole way through without having to pause and do something for him. Second option I'd love to have is maybe some nice back ground music or white noise like chimes or something? Otherwise you get way, way more than you pay for. I love this game!
This is a very addicting game. I like the relaxed mode best, but I am quite confused about the scoring. How does the percentage get calculated? I'm not playing against anyone so it's not really a big deal, but I am rather a stickler about statistics. When I am making no mistakes along the way, how on earth can I get a 43? No need to change it, but it would be great to have it explained somewhere. I checked in the FAQs on the website, but no answer there. I do like the new layouts available there. Keep those coming.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 01, 2014
- Version: 3.1.1
- Size: 47.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Michael Howard
- © 2008 Michael R. Howard
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.