MoonPhase - moon info
By RomanDuck Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MoonPhase for both iPhone and iPad is your guide to all sorts of moon info! And a little bit of sun info too.
All presented in a beautiful, easy to use format. So convenient you will use it everyday!
Easily find for today or any day between 1900-2100:
- moon rise/set times
- moon transit times
- lunar cycle details with eclipse indicators
- full moon names (including Blue Moons)
- zodiac position
- moon's location in the sky
- moon phase (of course!)
- observed moon angle (optional)
- sun rise/set times
- sun transit times
Use it to find times for moonlit walks, avoiding werewolves and maybe even fishing! Whatever your lunar info needs, MoonPhase has you covered.
No internet connection is required so it works wherever you are.
- Swipe up/down to change the date
- Display autosets for Northern or Southern Hemispheres
- Show moon as real, cartoon, or cheese!
- Select dates between 1900 and 2100
- Use built in location capability or select from map
- Fast Forward to next New or Full Moon
- Audible Werewolf Warning (also available as free ringtone!)
- Ephemeris details such as JDE, distance, right ascension, declination, azimuth, altitude and fraction illuminated
- Easily change between your favorite locations
Like MoonPhase's Howl? Get your Howl iPhone ringtone at our website: http://www.romanduck.com/howl
What's New in Version 2.3
- Full Moon Alerts. Don't miss any more Full or New Moons!
- Updated icons for iPad retina display.
Clean, elegant, beautiful, and useful
I don't know why anyone would say that this app has poor/simplistic graphics or text or UI. Exactly the opposite is true. ALL of the important information is displayed cleanly, clearly, and beautifully, and the UI is intuitive and easy to use. If you're an astronomer, there might be a better app, more suited to naked eye or binocular observation of the moon. But if you're coming from a more Pagan orientation, then this app is perfect. You see the moon's orientation and phase exactly as observed from your location (if you want--there are options) and you get rise and set times of both sun and moon, the constellation the moon is in, its elevation, its name, lunation, exact days/times for new, 1st quarter, full, and 3rd quarter moons, ephemeris data, an indication if there will be an eclipse, a calendar of upcoming moon phases, and more. All you probably want, really! I also use Sol: Sun Clock in conjunction with Moon Phase--they make a great pairing! Anyway, Moon Phase is great! And, also it has NEVER crashed or glitched on me even once in my year or so of using it. Five stars.
Great app but...
This has been a great app for years. Looks like with the most recent OS update they are slow to come up to speed. The transit path indicator is now way off center on my iPhone 6. Hopefully I see a fix before upcoming full moon as I use it to figure out locations for full moon photography.
Needs an update
This simple app was once one of my favorites. It's cute, easy to read, and has an hilarious option of turning on a howling werewolf sound anytime the moon is full. However, with the recent iOS updates, the app is now terribly slow, out of focus, and constantly crashes. (I have an iPhone 7 with the most current iOS update.)
I truly wish the creators of this app would provide an update. I've had this on my phone for years; what a disappointment if I had to get rid of it.